The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the human resource planning, recruiting, selection, training and recognition of Dundee Stroke Exercise Club volunteers.
Dundee Stroke Exercise Club collaborates with Leisure & Culture Dundee delivering life-changing classes across the city. Strokes can have a major impact on people’s lives in a number of ways. They can cause weakness in one side of the body, poor balance and inadequate co-ordination. Memory and communication problems are often a frustrating side effect too that can leave the sufferer feeling isolated and low.
At Dundee Stroke Exercise Club all classes are carried out with trained staff and an excellent group of volunteers. The club offers rehabilitation classes for all ages & abilities helping everyone regain their confidence and fitness to help them on the road to recovery.
The Volunteer Coordinator is directly responsible to the Dundee Stroke Exercise Club Project Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess the volunteer needs for the club for general running and special events.
- Create & maintain a volunteer management plan for the club.
- Recruit and recommend the appointment of volunteers to roles that suit them.
- Organise the orientation and the induction of volunteers.
- Work with other committee members to organise volunteer rotas and maintain records.
- Identify and organise ongoing training and education opportunities for volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteers are reimbursed for their approved out-of-pocket expenses through appropriate club financial procedures in association with the Treasurer
- Ensure all volunteers are recognised for their efforts.
- Submit regular reports to the club committee.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Can communicate effectively and has good interpersonal skills.
- Is positive and enthusiastic.
- Is well organised.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time commitment required as the Volunteer Co-ordinator of Dundee Stroke Exercise Club is 3-4 hours per week.
This is a voluntary role where pre-approved appropriate expenses will be reimbursed.
For further information or to apply
DSEC Project Manager