Grade: UE06 [£28,756-£34,304], Full time
Sports Union, University Sport & Exercise, Corporate Services Group
Permanent open ended
This hugely exciting position will lead the Sports Union team with a particular remit for developing the scope, quality, profile and impact of the University's sports clubs, and advocating the most effective structures, services and programmes in order to maximise the sporting opportunities available to students, from participation to performance.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Educated to Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent formal training, plus a minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience in a similar or related role
- Experience of managing a small team of staff / volunteers
- Experience of supervising / mentoring coaches and volunteers
- Experience of partnership work
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement without recourse to seniors
- Knowledge and understanding of the provision and management of sport in an educational setting.
- Work flexibly under minimal supervision;
Closing date 04/01/2022 5pm
Interviews will be held within 2 weeks of closing date