Start Date: September
- Term Time Position
- Up to 26 weeks per year
- Evening & Weekend Hours: 4.5 hours
- Hourly rate/expenses: £10 an hour
Applications are invited for the position of Head coach at the University of Strathclyde Women’s
Hockey Club (SUWHC).
The Coach is required to lead, managed and deliver coaching services to the SUWHC, including training and matches. Club training sessions take place on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Stepps Playing Fields, G33 6ND. Competitive fixtures take place on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue, club training is mandatory to coach with attending fixtures being desirable.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Club and support the development of team(s) in training and competition.
The role is for 4.5 hours per week, with the potential for an increased in hours if/when discussed, and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching at training sessions and on match days
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
- Maintain regular communication with the SUWHC Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
- A hockey coaching qualification
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of university sport, BUCS and Scottish Hockey
- Competitive experience at performance level in hockey
- Level 2 or higher hockey coaching qualification
- A clean driving licence
- A first aid certificate
Rates of Pay
- Level 1 & 2: £10 per hour.
- Level 3: £15 per hour.
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Wednesday afternoons
Please submit applications to Katie Hodgson, Club Captain on email@example.com by 31/07/2022