Responsible to: The Chair, Board and Members of Scottish Pentathlon
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the sport of Modern Pentathlon.
- General understanding of the structure of sport in Scotland
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the sport in Scotland and UK
- Knowledge and experience of implementing plans and programmes
- Prepared to make a regular time commitment
- To contribute to the Board agenda and contribute enthusiastically to debate
- To offer technical and support advice to the Chair, Board Members and Staff within the
organisation tapping into expertise and knowledge of the sport
- To identify opportunities from previous experience to further develop the sport
- To utilise their network of contacts within the sport and sport in general to improve links and to benefit the organisation and the sport
- To work closely with coaches and volunteers within the Hubs and Clubs at grass roots level and
to act as a link between them and the Board
- To attend the AGM, meetings of the Board and ex officio meetings of sub-committees as
- To represent Scottish Pentathlon at national and club events as required and to contribute
positively to the organisational development of the organisation
- Experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in either commercial, voluntary or
public sector context.
- Recent experience of governance and equality management and reporting to stakeholders
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity.
- Sound working knowledge of the sport and the public and private sectors.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to support, challenge and manage a relationship with other Board Members.
A minimum of two days per month.
Attendance at up to 4 Board meetings, the AGM and an annual Board away day during the year.
Closing date for expressions of interest close of play on Thursday 30 September in confidence to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org