Reports To: Vice President (Rugby) Grangemouth Stags RFC, Larbert High School and Scottish Rugby Representatives
Location: Grangemouth Stags RFC, Larbert High School and surrounding area
Hours: 37 hrs, fixed term for 12 months (Opportunity for 2 year extension based on performance)
Salary £20,000 – £25,000 (Subject to skills & experience)
Grangemouth Stags RFC, in partnership with Larbert High School and Scottish Rugby has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to play a key role in the development of rugby within the local community.
The position is employed by Grangemouth Stags RFC, working in partnership with Larbert High School and Scottish Rugby.
- Development and Implementation of Grangemouth Stags RFC 3 year strategic plan in conjunction with the Club Board and Scottish Rugby, setting out agreed objectives and KPI’s.
- Provide visible support and leadership throughout all playing levels at Grangemouth Stags RFC – Mini, Midi (Kelpies Rugby) and Senior rugby including attendance at training sessions.
- Support the delivery of rugby within local high schools including both curricular and extra circular sessions and participation in midweek state school activities.
- Support Active Schools with the facilitation and delivery of primary schools programmes.
- Manage player transition programmes from local schools to club rugby participation at either Kelpies Rugby or Grangemouth Stags RFC.
- Develop a coach mentoring programme for Grangemouth Stags RFC and local high schools to recruit and develop new coaches from within the community.
- Provide succession planning to ensure qualified coaches are appointed to all teams and receive the appropriate training required through coach development programmes.
- Support Grangemouth Stags RFC youth teams to participate in regional play programmes.
- Oversee long-term player development programmes throughout the club and local high schools, appropriate to age and stage.
- Develop a pre-school rugby programme within Grangemouth Stags RFC.
- Develop and manage any community coaches.
- Support club to facilitate and deliver community activities (Holiday Camps, Come & Try).
- Work with Grangemouth Stags RFC Board to seek and apply for funding and sponsorship opportunities to support the development and sustainability of rugby programmes.
- Liaise with Scottish Rugby to ensure continued professional development (CPD) and adherence to Scottish Rugby initiatives as a member of the Development Officer Network.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
- Promote Grangemouth Stags RFC across communities via effective social media messaging.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- A proactive self-starter with a flexible approach to work. Regular weekend work will be required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with players, coaches, administrators, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Previous coaching or sports development experience advantageous.
- Appropriate rugby coaching qualifications.
- Satisfactory PVG check essential.
- PC literate including Excel, Word and email.
- A driving license.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining your suitability for the role to Gordon Crossan (Vice President (Rugby) Grangemouth Stags RFC): email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm on Friday 12th August 2022.
To discuss the role further please don’t hesitate to contact Mark Dobson (Scottish Rugby Caledonia Midlands Regional Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07773 625321.