- To be responsible for all club finances by ensuring adequate accounts and records exist, and that all funds are used appropriately and banked promptly.
- To plan the annual budget in agreement with the club committee and to monitor throughout the year.
- To prepare end-of-year accounts and present to the auditor, management committee and AGM.
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 1 Year (01.07.2020 until 01.07.2021)
Reports to: Club Chairman
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Keeps track of club finances and assesses a club’s cash flow by anticipating its incoming cash and outgoing commitments using annual projection
- Ensures memberships are set up correctly and assists with any issues arising.
- Maintains regular communication with members and issues monthly statement updates via email
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of financial and legal regulations that may affect club’s decisions or policies
- Identify and apply for potential funding with other committee members to support current and new club initiatives
- Plan and deliver fundraising events to generate additional income
- Establishes and develops potential partnership and sponsorship opportunities with local community orientated organisations and businesses
- Serves as financial and business development consultant for an organisation
- Presents updates, advice, and findings to all board members at the quarterly business meetings.
- Adheres to and implements all club policies and procedures related to club finances and money handling
Skills / Knowledge
- Be computer literate with strong working knowledge of softwares such as Excel, Word,
- Knowledge of using and producing accounting spreadsheets or other accounting systems.
- Excellent knowledge of banking systems
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Good understanding of barriers to participation in sport
- Experience of working in voluntary sector and / or membership organisation
- Experience of designing, implementing and managing finance processes and policies
- Ability to plan and manage budgets effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to manage conflict and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate factors likely to cause problems
to take initiative to seek out viable solutions
- Previous experience of applying for project funding and organising fundraising events
Education / Qualifications
- Finance & accounting qualifications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and numeracy skills
- Reliable, honest & Trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of team
- Flexibility in terms of hours/days worked to suit organisational needs
How to apply:
Please send a CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 01/06/2020