Place of Work Gussie Park, DUCT Campus (Lochee) & Tannadice Park
Status Full Time
Report To Academy Operations Manager, DUCT Business Support Manager
- Head of Stadium Operations
- Ground Maintenance staff
- Stadium Operative
- Facility & maintenance partners
- All Academy and DUCT staff, players and parents
Salary £17,500 – 20,000
Start Date June 2022
Overall Purpose of Job
This is a key role within Our Academy and Community Trust in which you will be responsible for and manage the skilled maintenance and upkeep of the Academy facility at Gussie Park and DUCT operated facilities, including the FIFA Quality Pro pitch, buildings, and surrounding areas.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties
- To lead the daily pitch operation and maintenance programme including regular brushing, debris and litter picking, and general wear and tear issues.
- To communicate with operation and maintenance contractors to ensure specialist visits and work is booked and undertaken timely and efficiently.
- To maintain appropriate logs, records and reports relating to security, health and safety and maintenance.
- To complete pre and post-usage checks, reporting any damage or defects to the Academy Operations Manager and/or DUCT Business Support Manager immediately.
- To ensure all accessible areas are presented to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness.
- To manage pitch regulations including, but not limited to, participants wearing appropriate footwear and restricting access to participants only.
- To lead the general upkeep and cleanliness of the facility including, but not limited to, weeding, DIY tasks, managing cleaning schedule and removing all litter within facility.
- To ensure all football equipment is maintained to a high standard, including cleaning of dugouts and goals, reporting any defects to the Academy Operations Manager.
- To lead and, where appropriate, manage the opening and closing of the facility in conjunction with the Academy and Dundee United Community Trust (DUCT) programmes.
- To regularly check and assess health and safety risks, including the maintenance of all equipment, and take necessary action(s).
- To ensure the efficient and optimum operations of the facility heating and water systems, including carrying out general maintenance and arranging servicing, as required.
- To assist, where required, with additional tasks relating to the operation and maintenance of other Club and DUCT facilities, including Tannadice Park.
- To coordinate all on-site match day operations, including welcoming and directing match officials and opposition.
- To lead an efficient communication across the club with all stakeholders.
- To abide by all club policies including, but not exclusive to, Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
- To maintain a valid and up to date PVG every three years.
Experience and Qualifications
Experience and qualifications Essential:
- Previous relatable experience within pitch and facility maintenance.
- Strong DIY skills including general tasks, repairing, decorating and maintenance skills.
- Experience of operating tools.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of the application of Health and Safety regulations.
- Committed to completing all relevant training including First Aid, COSHH awareness, manual handling and, health and safety.
- Ability to relate to and deal with young people, staff, partners and general public in a professional and helpful manner.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to handle physical demands, including lifting walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Flexible and committed to working evenings and weekends.
- PVG check to be completed before appointment.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Experience and qualifications Desirable:
- Previous relatable training including Health & Safety, COSHH and manual handling.
- Previous experience within facility security.
- Background in sport facility maintenance.
- Additional skill set to operations that can enhance other areas of the academy/club.
- Previous experience as a keyholder.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Ben.Mitchell@dundeeunitedfc.co.uk by Friday 27th May.