Closing Date: Friday 19th January 2018
Overall purpose of the Job
The job holder will be responsible for the co-ordination, organisation and effective event delivery of the 2019 UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championship Finals in line with the key operational milestones and targets agreed with UEFA and the Local Organising Committee.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive tournament project plan in accordance with the terms of the UEFA’s Tournament Bid Requirements, Operational Principles and the Scottish FA’s Bid Dossier.
- Devise and lead a suitable Local Organising Committee who will be responsible for planning and executing the tasks placed under its direct responsibility or delegated by UEFA.
- In consultation with UEFA and the Local Organising Committee, agree, review and monitor the schedule of key operational milestones and success criteria that require to be delivered by the project.
- Create project plans and report templates that can be shared with stakeholders to demonstrate progress against key milestones and deliverables.
- Liaise with UEFA, host city authorities, stadium and training ground owners, hotels, transport providers, the SPFL and other key stakeholders and influencers as required.
- Be responsible for the UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championship Finals tournament budget, maximising financial income and controlling expenditure for the tournament, exploring all sources of income including funding and sponsorship.
- Ensure that the tournament leaves a legacy for women’s football in Scotland in terms of increased awareness and participation in Girl’s and Women’s football in Scotland, and through the development of commercial relationships capable of professionalising, incentivising and supporting domestic women’s football in Scotland.
- Provide regular updates to the Operational and main Board of the Scottish FA on all matters relating to the delivery of the 2019 UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championship Finals
- Work closely with the Scottish FA’s Football Development Department to maximise participation opportunities via community engagement programmes and football festivals
- Schedule meetings, seminars and site visits as required, and prepare agendas, reports, papers and minutes as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be allocated by the Head of Department and Chief Operating Officer from time to time.
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
This post is being advertised externally as a fixed term contract until 31 August 2019, and internally within the Scottish FA as a fixed term secondment opportunity.
Further information and applications
If you wish to apply please email email@example.com and request an application pack. Completed applications should be received no later than Friday 19th January 2018. Please state the Reference no. HR/057 in the subject field of your application email.
If you have not been asked for interview by Tuesday 23rd January, please assume that your application will not be taken any further.