Scottish Women’s Football is looking for a driven, enthusiastic and organised Club & Competitions Co-ordinator. This is an exciting role for someone who loves a fast paced environment, is a skilled administrator and wants to make a real difference to girls’ and women’s football in Scotland. While we would love hear from anyone who feels they have what it takes, we would really like you to have a proven record in a similar or administrative role.
SWF owns and is responsible for the management of the following competitions:
- Scottish Women’s Premier League 1 & 2 (SWPL)
- Scottish Women’s Premier League Cup
- Scottish Women’s Football League (3 Regional Leagues)
- Scottish Women’s Football League Cup
- Highlands & islands League
- Highlands & Islands League Cup
- Scottish Women’s Cup
- Youth National Performance Leagues
- Youth National Performance League Cups
- Youth Regional Leagues at U13/U15/U17
- Youth Regional League Cups at U13/U15/U17
- Scottish Youth Cups at U13/U15/U17
This is an exciting time for girls’ and women’s football in Scotland with over 8000 players registered to play in SWF competitions and over 14,000 girls’ and women playing football across all activity.
Our club competition structures have developed significantly over the past 3 years and we are seeing exponential growth in the number of young girls now playing football. We aim to provide an opportunity for all girls and women to thrive in football at a level that suits them.
We work closely with our partners at the Scottish FA to ensure a strategic approach to developing the game at a recreational, club and elite level.
To apply, please send your CV and a role specific covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Aileen Campbell with ‘Club Comps Admin’ written clearly as the subject heading.
Closing date is Tuesday 6th September. We anticipate that interviews will take place within a week of the closing date and could be conducted via video conference call in the first instance. Salary is dependent on experience.
Job Description – Club & Competitions Co-ordinator
ROLE TITLE: CLUB & COMPETITIONS CO-ORDINATOR & ADMIN SUPPORT
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, and the CLUB & COMPETITIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: HAMPDEN PARK, LETHERBY DRIVE, GLASGOW
TERM: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
The job holder will support the co-ordination, planning and preparation of SWF competitions and undertake the key administrative processes underpinning these competitions. This is a key role for SWF with a clear focus on supporting the growing number of competitions delivered throughout the country.
- Provide administrative support as required to the Chief Executive Officer and the Club & Competitions team on the planning, preparation and implementation of all key programmes of competition and Events including:
- Senior & Youth Scottish Cup Competitions
- Senior & Youth League Cup Competitions
- SWPL Promotional Events
- Youth National Performance League and League Cup Competitions
- To process club affiliations as required and keep appropriate records
- To process all player registrations as required and keep appropriate records
- To process all friendly requests
- To create and maintain contact databases for all SWF clubs, officials and players
- Support the Club & Competitions team to organise and prepare for Strong Quality Growth/Policy Working Group Committees by preparing papers and recording minutes
- To deal with enquiries via e-mail, telephone and forwarding where appropriate, as well as signposting to other relevant personnel
- Provide general administrative support to improve and implement processes and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties as delegated from time to time commensurate with salary
- Must demonstrate appropriate level of literacy and numeracy. At least 3 SCQF Level 4/5 awards (including English) or equivalent
- Proven experience in an administrative role. Sports industry experience is not required but would be beneficial
Skills knowledge & abilities:
- Experience in an office environment, demonstrating excellent office administration skills and experience in providing a broad range of support to a large range of jobholders
- Experience in using IT and recent technologies including using MS Office packages (e.g. Word and Excel etc) with a strong ability to understand and learn new software and administrative procedures
- Able to competently use email and the internet
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and working in a customer focused environment dealing with a wide range of enquiries
- Strong Communication Skills (written & oral)
- Dynamic and happy to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and prioritise tasks
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Passionate about driving women’s and girls’ football forward
- Eager to improve processes and make a difference
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion as required