Salary Competitive based on experience
Location Home based but with travel around the UK
Contract type Permanent (Full time)
Closing date 28 June 2022
British Surfing is a relatively new organisation, formed in 2019 by the four home nation surfing federations to enable a step change in the performance of the sport. Since the sports advent at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games surfing has now been confirmed for Paris 2024 and with LA planned for 2028 and Brisbane 2032 the expectation is that sport will strengthen in each Olympic cycle. British Surfing has recently been awarded progression grant funding worth £1.35 Million from UK Sport which will give us the opportunity to support talented surfers and develop an effective progression pathway. This is a game-changer for the sport and will enable us to work with the surfing community to build the foundations of talent and world-class performance programmes that complement the culture of surfing.
British Surfing now has the funding, the opportunity and the ambition to create this new Performance role, to raise performance and develop a successful team of homegrown athletes.
We're looking for a progressive, knowledgeable and enthusiastic leader that can:
- add sustainable value to existing systems and structures that amplifies the impact of any investment (by UK Sport or other agencies).
- Initiate transformational change.
- Test and explore new approaches to high performance.
- Enable the gaps to eligibility for investment at Academy and above to be understood and bridged.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the surfer and coach development pathway (coaching development & pathway leadership).
- Work with the home countries with the creation of the right environment to provide surfer time on task enabling a progression to performance pathway.
You'll be an integral part of the British Surfing team at one of the most pivotal points in the sport's history and will help shape the future of Elite surfing in the Great Britain.
There has never been a better time to be part of British Surfing and we are now seeking an ambitious and accomplished individual to develop and lead the organisation towards world class success. This will require an individual who can inspire and motivate our people, engage and excite our stakeholders and ensure British Surfing is a high performing organisation.
Further information and applications