Job Title Lead Academy Sport Scientist
Location Heart of Midlothian Training Ground – Oriam: Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre
Position Part-time (15 hours per week) – will include evening work
Closing Date 21/06/21
Reporting to Head of Performance
The Lead Academy Sport Scientist will deliver a programme of sport science support services to our part-time U18s & U16s boys players. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and passionate about working with and developing young athletes. In addition, we are seeking someone who can develop good working relationships with a variety of groups including fellow practitioners, coaches, young players and their parents. The successful candidate will be joining a team of forward thinking and ambitious staff who are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Design and implement a long-term development plan to help prepare youth players for the mental and physical demands of full-time professional football.
- Maintain a data management system for longitudinal player monitoring adopting a conscientious approach to data entry and judicious interpretation and dissemination of results.
- Design and deliver gym-based training sessions.
- Design and deliver speed, agility, plyometric & conditioning sessions.
- Provide occasional matchday support to U18s players.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and effective communication pathways with players, coaches and other members of the Performance Department.
- Facilitate and proactively contribute to applied research projects as directed by the Head of Performance.
- Undergraduate degree in sport science or related discipline.
- At least 3 years in the provision of sport science support services to athletic populations, preferably within a professional football club.
- UKSCA accredited (or ability to apply within a period of 3 months).
- Postgraduate degree in sport science or related discipline.
- BASES accredited (or working towards via supervised experience pathway).
- ISAK level 1 accredited.
- Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in the written and spoken word.
- Excellent information technology skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset.
- Strong character able to operate within a high-pressure working environment and put forward their point of view.
- Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor.
- Commitment to professional development.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send a Covering letter and CV to Karen MacKenzie, HR Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on the 21 June 2021. We anticipate that interviews will take place within a week of the closing date and could be conducted via video conference call in the first instance.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDITED COMPANY