British Gymnastics has the following permanent full time post:
37 hours per week
Based from Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Nr Newport, Shropshire
Salary range £22,280 to £29,700 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
We are looking for a Database Developer to evaluate, design, review and implement databases within the organisation ensuring they meet the needs of the business whilst maintaining high levels of data integrity, security and performance. You will work closely with the IT Development team as well as building strong working relationships with the data analysts within the Insight team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To take responsibility for data security within the organisation by ensuring the Data Security policy is maintained meeting the requirements of the GDPR and any other regulations that may apply such as ISO27001.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary and entity relationships diagrams
- Support the IT Development Team by creating and maintain a library of stored procedures and functions that allow applications to have access to specific data items.
- Take ownership of data management, quality, duplicates, consistency of reference terms etc.
- Assist with the discovery of the source of any data inconsistencies making recommendations for remedial action.
- Ensure optimal performance from the database, optimising queries where necessary and undertaking structural changes where appropriate and in line with change procedures.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- In-depth working knowledge of relational database technologies, construction and management, including SQL for optimising complex database queries.
- A good understanding of the importance/use of data within a membership organisation
- The ability to think logically, analytically and broadly, considering impacts across systems and functions/department;
- Effective communication and customer service skills; attention to detail; and good task and time management skills.
- A graduate with relevant IT or IS qualification and be experienced in maintaining data, supporting database users and working with/developing databases.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.