We present an excellent opportunity to work with Netball Scotland, one of the most dynamic and exciting National Governing Bodies in Scotland. Our partnership with Age Scotland & Breathing Space, has given us the opportunity to open to tender for the coordination of Netball Scotland’s “Walking Netball … More Than A Game Project,” funded by Changing Lives Through Sport & Physical Activity investment.
Walking Netball inspires and energises people to lead happier, healthier longer lives. This Project brings people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities together to enjoy a fun, interactive physical activity session followed by a social get together.
Organisations and individuals are invited to offer a tender for the provision of the above to the specifications outlined below.
Scope of Tender
The expected outcomes of the Project are: –
- Development and activation of localised Walking Netball Development plans.
- Facilitation of networking through providing sustainable Walking Netball platforms to connect Local Associations, Clubs & Communities at both a local and National level.
- To lead in the collaboration and facilitation with existing Netball Scotland Partners such as, Age Scotland, Breathing Space, Scottish Women’s Institutes and the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH) to promote the benefits of mental health & wellbeing through engagement in physical activity.
- To drive the education of the Walking Netball community to provide sustainable, safe, inclusive and welcoming environments.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to deliver a marketing and communications plan across relevant digital platforms to connect all Walking Netball members across the country and attract new audiences.
- Collation and analysis of data and preparation of reports in line with funding requirements.
- Collation and analysis of case studies to evidence the social, physical, and mental health impacts of Walking Netball.
- Identification of new sustainable partnerships to drive the future of Walking Netball across the country.
The tender timescales are defined below.
- Tender invitations dispatched Monday 8th February 2021.
- Craig Smith will be available for informal questions from prospective contractors.
Questions may be submitted by email to Craig.Smith@netballscotland.com.
- Closing date for tender applications is midday Thursday 25th February 2021.
- Tender panel will shortlist preferred applicants based on submissions and references.
- References to be supplied with application.
- Final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a presentation via Microsoft teams or zoom links On Friday 5th March 2021 .
- Successful applicant notified and implementation Wednesday 10th March 2021
- The contract will terminate on submission and approval of final project reporting which is required by 30th June 2021 which includes a two week final review.
Netball Scotland would envisage the time spent on the delivery of this project to average around 15 hours per week, but this will entirely depend on the successful applicant’s ability to deliver the agreed KPIs associated with the project.
Tender applications should be submitted in writing to Craig.Smith@netballscotland.com and contain:-
- 2 References from previous/current clients whom you have carried out project work for – within a NGB or in the wider community.
- Provide evidence of project work resulting in community impact.
- Submission of key qualities and skills to achieve the outcomes.