Movement Evolution Scotland CIC is looking to fill skills gaps we've recognised on our current Board. As such we are recruiting a Finance Director to become part of our Board of Directors.
Purpose of the Finance Director
To oversee finance functions of the company and be responsible for the flow of financial information to the Board and, where necessary, external parties such as funders, investors or financial institutions.
Specific responsibilities of the Finance Director
- Financial planning, budgets and related ongoing advice for staff and the Board
- Overall control of financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Preparing up to date account reports for the Board.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company's financial affairs
- Forging partnerships with relevant agencies – including the Accountancy firm appointed to prepare the annual accounts
- Act as a counter-signatory for payments and transactions.
General duties of all Directors
- Attending Board meetings. (The Board meets 4 times per year at mutually convenient
- Meetings may be virtual or in person in Banchory, Aberdeenshire.
- Reading all Board papers and liaising with the other Directors to ensure clear understanding of all related papers prior to meetings.
- Attendance at meetings, initiating and contributing to discussions around such matters as business planning, marketing, development, fundraising, budgeting and cashflow forecasting, staffing and any other issues.
- Supporting the other Directors to implement strategy and develop the organisation’s business and social impact.
In addition, we hope that all Board members will have active and supportive relationships with one another. As such if Board members send each other updates and documents to read and comment on in between meetings then Directors should be able to respond to those with comments and suggestions in a timely fashion. All Directors roles are voluntary with reasonable expenses covered. There may also be opportunities for Directors to be involved in a more hands-on and voluntary capacity and this can be discussed.
For more information or to express interest in the role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Katy Holt on 07540 222667