Start Date: Monday 16th September
Brief Outline of Job:
The role will support Strathclyde Sport’s strategic objectives to achieve greater year-on-year success in BUCS competitions by coaching the University of Strathclyde Men and Women’s first team squad.
The post holder must be willing to work evenings and weekends during selected periods of the year. During term-time (mid-September to end of March), the hours of employment are provisionally Mon 20:00-22:00 and Sat 09:00-11:00 for training. Availability on Wednesday afternoons for men’s matches is preferable but not a necessity.
Applications are invited for the position of Water Polo Coach at the University of Strathclyde Swimming and Water Polo Club.
● Lead coaching at mixed training sessions and on team match days.
● Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
● Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
● Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
● Regular evaluation of team performance.
● In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
● Maintain regular communication with the SUSWPC Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
● Communicate and work with the captains effectively.
● Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members.
● Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
The successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy with a PVG.
● A Water Polo coaching qualification
● Excellent inter-personal skills
● Excellent motivation skills
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Experience of university sport or BUCS/SSS competition
● Competitive experience at performance level in Water Polo
● Level 2 or higher UKCC Water Polo coaching qualification
● A clean driving licence
● A first aid certificate
Rates of Pay
£10-20 per hour (depending on experience and commitment)
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
● Coaching experience
● Why you are interested in this role
● Availability to Coach on Monday evenings, Saturday mornings and for games on Wednesday afternoons
● Name of two referees
Informal enquiries about the post can be directed to Robyn Patrick (Strathclyde Swimming and Waterpolo President) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit applications to Robyn Patrick, Strathclyde Swimming and Water Polo President at email@example.com by Friday 26th July 2019.
Equality and Diversity:
We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme
An individual who accepts an offer of employment must register for the PVG Scheme through Disclosure Scotland. An unconditional contract of employment will not be issued until the University receives confirmation that the applicant is cleared to perform ‘regulated work’.
The successful applicant will be required to serve a 6 month probationary period.