UKA is seeking to appoint a new Head of Coaching Development to join the UK National Governing Body. The successful applicant will help drive the new strategy at the heart of a joint vision and plan, shared with the governing bodies of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Our purpose is to inspire more athletes and runners of all abilities and background to fulfil their potential and to have a lifelong love of the sport.
The purpose of this role is to develop a high-performing and inclusive coaching system for the UK with a clear coaching strategy to 2032. This will help enable the sport to achieve its 3 core goals set out within Athletics Unified, the UK-wide strategy for the sport.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a significant change programme to better support coaches and coaching across the UK. The chosen role holder will play a key part within the Development Team in shaping the coaching strategy for the future, to ensure we create the best learning and development opportunities for coaches working at all points within the athlete pathway.
Required experience, skills and qualifications for this role include;
- Experience of coaching across the athlete pathway and a demonstrable understanding of world class environments.
- Experience of working in or developing coaching systems, preferably within a sporting context.
- Extensive knowledge of coaching and coaching environments required to develop a high functioning coaching system.
- Sufficient educational attainment or experience to demonstrate ability to carry out the role to the required standard.
- Relevant UKA or internationally recognised coaching qualification.
Further required experience and skills are outlined in the attached job description along with additional details on the role and responsibilities.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 6th April 2021.