Strathclyde University Women’s Hockey Club – Coaching Opportunity
- 5 competitive teams (3 in BUCS leagues and 2 in Scottish hockey Saturday leagues)
- BUCS 1st XI in BUCS 1A, BUCS Trophy and Glasgow Taxi Cup
- BUCS 2nd XI in 3A
- BUCS 3s have come second in their league two years in a row and made it to the semi finals of their plate match. This year they are pushing for promotion.
- Saturday 1st XI competing in National League
- Saturday 2nd XI in West District Division 4
- Recreational team BUCS 4th XI playing friendlies against Uni’s across Scotland.
- BUCS 3 XI, BUCS 4 XI and Saturday 2XI coach
- Note - Level 2 coaching qualification preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent time-keeping and organisational skills with the ability to manage and organise a large group of players with varying abilities.
- Excellent tactical knowledge.
Roles Will include:
Planning and leading weekly training sessions on Mondays and/or Thursdays 6:30-8pm
- Assisting with team selection and communicating with captains.
- Provide feedback from matches and individuals to improve teams.
- Working with captains and other coaches to maximise club development
- Attending matches on a Wednesday and/or Saturday where possible.