Stirling Albion F.C. are recruiting a Goalkeeping Coach to lead the Youth Academy Goalkeeper Training.
Stirling Albion F.C. Youth Development are an Advanced Youth Academy competing in the Club Academy Scotland setup and we are looking to add quality Coaching staff to our Team. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and qualified Goalkeeping coach to work with an advanced and ambitious Youth Academy setup.
The Lead Goalkeeper Coach will answer directly to both the Head of Youth (Admin) and Head of Youth (Coaching).
The Lead Goalkeeper Coach will be supported by the Assistant Goalkeeper Coach.
This is a compensated role following a probation period.
Roles And Responsibilities:
The person fulfilling this role will be expected to conduct the following Roles and Responsibilities to the highest standard with professionalism and integrity and without prejudice.
- To oversee all aspects of Goalkeeper Training, including the creation of season long training plans and periodization of said plan in accordance with the requirements of the Head of Youth (Coaching).
- To lead Goalkeeper training twice a week.
- To assist the Head Coaches with match day preparations including carrying out full Goalkeeper warm-ups and cool-downs.
- To familiarise themselves with all Academy Squads so they are aware of all talent pushing through the Academy Structure.
- To represent The Club professionally on and off the field including at corporate events, on social media and at media appearances.
- To liaise closely with the Head of Youth and all Youth Academy Coaches to reach the Youth Development’s Long Term Strategy and Vision.
- To regularly report back to Head Coaches and Head of Youth (Coaching) on Goalkeeper Development.
- To regularly report back to Goalkeepers and their parents/guardians on their personal development.
- To consider carefully and follow all welfare advice provided by medical staff regarding players within The Club.
- Candidate should be willing to stay up-to-date with coaching methodology by participating in Continued Professional Development and showing a willingness to evolve their coaching methods to stay current with the evolution of the requirements of the game. This includes a willingness to undertake further coaching qualifications and ensure all presently held qualifications remain valid.
At all times it will be expected that the Goalkeeper Coach will act upon their duties within the expectations outlined within the Club’s Code of Conduct.
- Candidate should hold a minimum of an SFA Goalkeeper Level 1.3 coaching qualification (or SFA Level 2/Intermediate Goalkeeping award on the old SFA pathway).
- Candidate should hold the SFA Child Wellbeing and SFA Mental Health Wellbeing e-learning qualifications.
- Candidate should have strong coaching experience with Goalkeepers.
- Candidate should have a strong background in Youth Development.
- Candidate should show integrity, professionalism and an unprejudiced approach to their business.
- Candidate should have a professional and committed approach to Stirling Albion F.C. taking a genuine interest in the success of every aspect of the Football Club.
- Candidate should show a loyalty to Stirling Albion F.C.
- Candidate should show a desire to work within Stirling Albion F.C’s established Club Ethos and Code Of Conduct treating all current and new members of Club staff with fairness, honesty and respect.
- Candidate must be available for two training sessions and match days every week for the duration of the Football Season.
- Candidate must have an ability to build a strong and trusting rapport with players and staff at Stirling Albion F.C.
- It would be desirable but not essential for the candidate to possess a UEFA B Licence Award or be currently working towards
- Ideally the candidate will have a proven track record of successfully coaching within Youth Football.
- Ideally the candidate will posses further sports related qualifications that show a rounded knowledge of the athlete (e.g sports and exercise science qualifications).
Interested applicants should send their CV and Covering letter to email@example.com