Independent Director: Membership
The Scottish Council of Taekwondo Ltd
This is an exciting time for the sport of Taekwondo in Scotland. Last year most of the Taekwondo groups and clubs in Scotland came together to form a Scottish Governing Body – The Scottish Council of Taekwondo Ltd. SCoT was officially recognised in January 2018 by the UK Sports Institutes – including sportscotland.
With a registered player population of around 17000, a fractured group of member clubs and one paid member of staff, SCoT as a newly recognised body faces some challenges in delivering the basics of Governance, Safeguarding and Equality to its membership. This is now well underway.
We now need to turn our attention to delivering a compelling membership offer, the foundation of which will be our CRM, E-Learning platform as well as Governance, Safeguarding and Equity mentoring/support hence our recruitment of an Independent Membership Director. NB in this circumstance…..Independent means not currently part of or linked to anyone who is a member, of a Taekwondo Club.
SGB Name: Scottish Council of Taekwondo Ltd.
Role: Independent Membership Director
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Integrity: High ethical standards
- Sound judgement: Willingness to challenge
- Leadership: Ability to gain respect and attention
- Critical thinking: Creativity, strategic awareness, taking a wider view
- Business acumen: Ability to identify new opportunities, embrace change, innovate
- Political astuteness: Diplomatic.
- Learning: Willing to learn and develop self.
- Primary legal responsibilities: Understanding of and compliance with the legal responsibilities of being a Board member
- Knowledge of CRM technology (eg GoTO Membership from Azolve) and the opportunities for growth and develop using such a system
- Experience of growing a membership via innovative membership offers
- Commitment: To attending Board meetings and participation in relevant debates. Willingness to take on subsidiary Board activities. Prepared to use skills, knowledge and experience as a mentor as and when required.
Board meetings are held on a regular basis. Currently once every month.
The posts are non-remunerated although travel and meeting expenses will be reimbursed according to the SCoT policies and procedures.
The Chair will manage the individual performances of Board members and will be the line manager for the Executive Officer.
Term of Office
Directors will serve office for three years at a time. They may be elected to serve consecutive terms on only one occasion.
This vacancy is not open to anyone who has been disqualified from holding a Directorship in a Limited Company.
SCoT is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide an operating environment free from any form of harassment, intimidation, victimisation or unjustifiable discrimination. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of discrimination. All appointments are made purely on the basis of merit and ability.
Applications should take the form of a letter outlining how the applicant meets the criteria above sent to email@example.com. By 5pm 29th February 2020.
Should you wish to discuss the role, please call Jane Harvey: 07811962109