- To be responsibile for provision of floor and table officials for all home competitions and events
- To recruit, qualify and support new officials and ensure sustainability of all competitive club activities
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 1 Year (01.07.2020 until 01.07.2021)
Reports to: Club Chairman
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Provide appropriately qualified and experienced floor and table officials for all home league and cup games as well as any other events hosted by Glasgow Devils Basketball Club.
- Develop and implement interactive and engaging inhouse table official training to ensure effective and high standard education experience.
- Maintain regular communication with club treasurer to keep all official’s bank details updated and release appropriate payment within deadlines.
- Keep record of every game officiated by each table and floor official in the season including cup games and any additional events.
- Provide guidance and support to all floor and table officials
- Adhere to and implement all club policies and procedures related to officials and their training and recruitment
Skills / Knowledge
• Be computer literate with strong working knowledge of softwares such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to work unsupervised and plan, organise and manage own work to meet deadlines
• Ability resolve difficult situations professionally and with a positive outcome
• Previous experience of table officiating at local level
• Experience in delivery of training and / or mentoring
• Previous experience of refereeing at local, national or international level
• Previous experience of table officiating at national or international level.
Education / Qualifications
• Basketball Table Official Level 1
• Basketball Table Official Level 2 or 3
• Basketball Floor Official Level 1, 2 or 3
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act professionally as an effective Glasgow Devils representative promoting the image of the club
- Flexibility in terms of hours/days worked to suit organisational needs
How to apply:
Please send a CV by email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 01/06/2020