Hours / Salary
Dependent on experience and qualifications, negotiable during interview.
Overall Purpose of Job:
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting and implementing the coaching curriculum established by the Head of Children’s Programme, Head of Youth Programme and Head of Academy. Delivering effective and innovative session plans in line with the football club’s philosophy. The role will have a primary Children’s Programme focus to provide a pathway for the learning and development of young players to move forward into the Youth Academy Programme.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
To provide the appropriate age level coaching at the required level for group or groups under his/her tutelage.
- To produce a bimonthly report (be it verbal or written) to the Head of Children’s Programme, covering all aspects of the young players development.
- Detail young player attendance at coaching sessions along with coaching content and match day game time. This input to be delivered to named person for centralised input to database on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with academy staff building robust relationships.
- Liaise and develop a positive relationship with parents or guardians of our youngsters within the development program.
- Develop and teach the young players to understand the benefits to be gained in a healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, education and codes of conduct, this list is not exhaustive.
- Discuss and select the team during CAS (Club Academy Scotland) games programme.
- To attend all SJFC Academy in-service days as required (conducted at convenient times).
- Attend coaching courses as directed by the Head of Academy.
- Ensure a safe environment for training and coaching is provided.
Maintain up to date CPD for the appropriate licence qualification.
- To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety.
To carry out any other duties that maybe required by management and are within the applicant capabilities.
- Relevant qualification SFA Advanced Children’s Licence (ACL), Children’s Award
- Coaching Experience
- Disclosure Scotland Clearance
- SFA Child Wellbeing Course Certification
- Previous football experience
- SFA online Mental Health Course
Closing Date: 15/10/2021
Apply by forwarding a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org