Badminton Scotland is seeking to appoint two Independent Board Directors to join its voluntary Board of Directors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to get involved in shaping the future of Badminton in Scotland.
Badminton Scotland is the Governing Body for Badminton in Scotland. Badminton is the second biggest participation sport in the world and we already have well over 150,000 people regularly participating in Scotland. Our vision is to make Badminton the biggest participation sport in Scotland. With a global fan base of 735 million the sport enjoys significant global exposure and we want to exploit this to raise awareness and support in Scotland. We are currently focused on post Covid recovery and the development of the sport up to the 2022 Commonwealth Games, whilst developing new income streams.
The Board is currently made up of a Chair, 4 Committee Chairs, the President and vice President, and the CEO. The Independent Directors are new positions for the Board. The skills audit of the Board identified Marketing / Commercial, Digital Technology and HR as key skills that we would like to recruit for however these are not essential criteria.
Directors will be appointed for a term of two years which can be extended for a maximum of 8 years.
In addition to the general duties and responsibilities of a Director, you will:
- provide input and challenge to strategic planning and decision making
- review the risk register and KPI’s
- work with the CEO and staff where appropriate to provide additional skills and expertise to fulfil our strategic plans
- Participate or Chair such sub-committees of the Board or Appeals Panels as are deemed necessary and appropriate
- Previous experience as a Board Director or at a senior level in a strategic capacity.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and board responsibilities,
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, teamworking, communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrable integrity and commitment to ethical standards.
- Senior strategic experience of any of the following areas, Marketing / Commercial, Digital Technology and HR.
- Knowledge of the sport structures in Scotland and within the UK.
- Interest in Badminton
To apply for the position please email a short CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are the right person for the role. This will be followed up by a short meeting with a Badminton Scotland nominations sub group.
Badminton Scotland is committed to appointing solely on the basis of candidates’ ability to do the job for which they are being recruited and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in applications from individuals from minority ethnic communities.
We ask that you e-mail your CV and covering letter marked private and confidential to email@example.com by the end of Sunday 3rd October 2021. It is hoped that an appointment can be confirmed at the Badminton Scotland Board meeting on the 13th October.
Please contact our CEO Keith Russell on 07852235276 if you want to discuss this role.