Organisation: Rural & Urban Training Scheme Ltd.
Type: Full time
Closing Date: 29th October
If you’re passionate about motorcycles, turn it into a career at RUTS. Just imagine spending every day with people who share your passion for bikes. The job will involve training young people aged 15 – 25 and our staff team. The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on and servicing motorcycles.
Experience with any makes and models of bikes will be considered and you will have a Full UK Driving Licence and be competent in off-road riding.
An ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a “can do” attitude. The ideal candidate will possess good communication and IT skills.
Working between our well-equipped Training Centre based in Newtongrange and our mobile delivery units.
Context and purpose of job
RUTS provides young people aged 15-25 with an opportunity to learn new skills using motorcycles/bicycles, and other related activities. RUTS is a fast changing organisation responding to the needs of young people and adapting our services to meet these.
The purpose of this post is to:
- Maintain the fleet of off-road motorcycles
- Provide learning opportunities for young people using motorcycles as the focus. Delivering and supporting the development of a range of services which will be taken to young people in their own communities or delivered at our training centre.
- Provide opportunities for young people to further develop their interest in motorcycle mechanics. The post holder will offer short courses which will provide practical training and personal development.
- Ability to us technology/digital media to engage with young people
- Train staff in the delivery of RUTS motorcycle programmes
- There is scope to further develop this post creatively.
For an informal chat or if you have any questions around any aspect of the role please get in touch with Stuart on 0131 663 5736
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter detailing why you believe you fit the requirements of the role
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 29th October