Location: Various locations throughout the City, G4 0QW
Salary: £20,356.80 - £22,168.82 per year
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
Hours: Full time and Part time between 4 to 35 hours per week.
Glasgow Sport is the main provider of quality Learn to Swim Lessons within Glasgow. We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic, confident and suitably qualified Lead Swimming Teachers to help support and mentor our swimming teachers to enable us to grow our current programme of lessons across the City. Our teachers have the opportunity to experience World Class facilities including our Commonwealth/European Venue to provide participation and development opportunities for all age groups and abilities between 6 months and adults.
- Co-ordinate multiple sessions of lessons to ensure a smooth programme of lessons within the venues;
- Be comfortable and confident when speak to parents regarding lesson updates; liaising with venue staff to resolve and customer issues
- Mentor and support teachers delivering Swimming Lessons for adults & babies, Children and Adults using the Scottish Swimming framework
- Report on swimmers progress using Learn 2 course management software
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and teaching standards by attending in-house training programmes
- Teach lessons when required to a range of customers from adults & babies, Children and Adults using the Scottish Swimming framework
To meet our customer requirements, this role involves evening and weekend work and you will be expected to work a shift pattern not exceeding 5 days over 7
- UKCC Level 2 Swimming Teachers Certificate – ASA/UKCC or equivalent
- Strong communicator, reliable and punctual - Must be able to motivate and inspire colleagues to provide the best service possible
- Excellent organisational skills and a high level of professionalism
- Previous supervisory experience within Swimming Teaching
- Experience and knowledge of teaching adults and children with additional support needs
- Experience of working within the new Scottish Swimming Framework
- Experience of working with a handheld progress/reporting tool i.e. Learn2
Following the success of Glasgow European Championships in 2018, Glasgow Life will welcome a host of world class events in the coming years including; European Indoor Athletics Championships 2019, LEN European Short Course Swimming Championships 2019, World Men’s Curling Championship 2020 and UEFA Euro 2020. This is in addition to the wealth of events on offer throughout the year, with the annual programme including the World Pipe Band Championships, Glasgow Mela, HSBC Let’s Ride and the Merchant City Festival amongst many others.
We offer a range of employee benefits such as an opportunity to join the Strathclyde Pension Fund, generous holiday entitlement, annual leave purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discounts (including Glasgow Club), flexible retirement, family friendly policies, flu vaccination programme and career break policy…just to name a few!
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment.
Closing Date: 26/01/2020