Job Type: Self employed
Start Date: August 2021
Hours: Min 4 hours coaching per week plus admin & competition attendance
Remuneration: Around £2,500 per year
Gala ASC are looking for an experienced Level 2 Coach to lead a small team of volunteers and manage, develop and deliver the club’s coaching programme. The role reports to a club committee of parent volunteers and requires working in partnership to ensure our members are able to meet their full potential. We are a partner in the Borders Elite Swim Team Performance Programme therefore you will also be required to liaise with the Borders Performance Coach. The main club training night is on a Monday at Galashiels, 17:45 – 20:30, and additional training sessions run on weekday evenings at Galashiels and Selkirk swimming pools.
The club was established in 1922 to serve the local area of Galashiels in the Scottish Borders. The aim of the club is to help swimmers improve their stroke technique, fitness and race skills in a friendly and sociable environment. Club coaches and poolside helpers support swimmers to reach their personal goals whether that is competitive swimming or swimming for exercise and improvement. The club currently has around 60 swimming members aged 7-17 years across 5 squads from club ready to junior performance level.
- Level 2 Coaching Swimming or equivalent (or willing to achieve within 1 year of appointment)
- Experience in a relevant leadership role
- Experience of coaching in a club environment
- Strong communication skills and be willing to work as part of a team
- Scottish Swimming membership
- PVG membership (enhanced disclosure check)
- Plan, implement, co-ordinate and develop the club’s coaching programme to ensure all swimmers are given the opportunity to maximize their potential.
- Provide hands on coaching, ensuring all competitive squads within the club receive regular coaching, and contact from the Head Coach.
- Lead and develop the existing team of Coaches and poolside volunteers to ensure that they are effective and kept up to date with developments in swimming.
- Assist the development of the club within SwiMark guidelines to ensure continued success as a competitive swimming club at all levels and ensure continued introduction of both competitive and non-competitive swimmers.
- Actively contribute to the club’s developing strategic direction, including assisting in raising the club’s profile.
- Work closely with the Borders Performance Coach to ensure club swimmers have appropriate access to the Borders Elite Swim Team programme and the club take full advantage of all services on offer through the programme.
- Assist the committee with developing an efficient communication system with relevant support structures; including swimmers, parents and external partners.
- Prepare session plans and training schedules for all squads.
- Attend agreed major competitions, open meets and local meets to support club swimmers.
- Uphold the club’s code of conduct and promote good standards of behaviour in training and at competitions.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suited to the position to email@example.com by Monday 31st May 2021.