Working Hours: 35 hrs per week, to meet the demands of the role
Annual Salary: £20,000-£24,500
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
(A car, provided by a sponsor, is include in the package)
To Apply: Application is by CV, with a covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining why your unique set of skills, experience and qualifications make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Closing date: 17 August 2022 @ 5pm.
Applicants are asked to note that Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 31 August
In partnership with Scottish Rugby, Hamilton Rugby Club aims to appoint a Development Officer to maintain and develop rugby, both within the club and across the local community. The principal focus is on youth development, working in partnership with club volunteers, local schools, South Lanarkshire Council leisure services and Scottish Rugby.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a part in the long-term growth and sustainability of an ambitious, family friendly club.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Drive an increase in rugby participation at all youth levels - inclusive of boys and girls
- Drive improvements in performance at all youth levels
- Collaborate with the Head of Development and Conveners of Youth Rugby, Mini and Girls Rugby to deliver a long-term player development programme
- Play a central role in supporting players at the key age group transitions
Working closely with the Committee, the DO will:
- play a central role in the development and implementation of Hamilton Rugby Club’s Development Plan
- set short, medium- and long-term targets for the delivery of a rugby programme covering rugby coaching, matches and refereeing
- co-ordinate and develop rugby programmes for primary schools across Hamilton District and the surrounding area in line with local and national directives
- coordinate and deliver events such as festivals and rugby camps – throughout the season and during school holidays
- lead in the development of our team of youth coaches including coordination of coach education and mentoring
- collaborate with volunteers, schools, club coaches, Scottish Rugby, local employers and other external resources to enhance delivery of the programme
- implement rigour around KPI setting, measurement and reporting
- support the work of other Hamilton Rugby Club staff
- work closely with the Scottish Rugby Regional Manager to ensure alignment with Scottish Rugby’s strategic objectives
Whilst the Development Officer will not hold responsibility for coaching of the senior squads, they will be expected to build good working relationships across the club with a view to promoting greater engagement between sections.
The Hamilton Rugby Development Officer is expected to lead by example, portraying the characteristics of a positive role model for young people and volunteers.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
You will be qualified to UKCC Level 2 or higher and preferably have S&C qualifications.
You will have previous coaching experience and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, communication and motivational skills.
A full driving license is essential.
You will be computer literate and comfortable Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful applicant will be PVG checked and will also undertake training as required for this role including first aid training.
For more information, please email Jack Ryan, President – email@example.com to arrange a call.
Your CV and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Hamilton DO Vacancy in the subject line.