Start Date: Late August
- Term Time Position
- Up to 26 weeks per year
- Evening & Weekend Hours: 3-5 Hours per week
- Hourly Rate : £10 an hour
Applications are invited for the position of first XI coach at the University of Strathclyde Mens Hockey Club.
The Coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the club, including training and competitions. Club training sessions take place on Monday and Thursday evenings at Stepps playing Field. Competitive fixtures take place on Saturday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Club and support the development of team(s) in training and competition.
The role is for a maximum of 5 hours per week and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching at training sessions and on match days
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
- Maintain regular communication with the Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
- A Hockey coaching qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of university sport and National league level Hockey
- Competitive experience at performance level in Hockey
- Level 2 or higher Hockey coaching qualification
- A clean driving licence
- A first aid certificate
Rates of Pay
Level 1 & 2: £10 per hour
Level 3: £15 per hour
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Monday and Thursdays evenings and Wednesday afternoons
Please submit applications to Kyle Prothero, Club Captain on firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12th.