£36,404.92 - £42,268.74
38 Albion Street, Glasgow G1 1LH
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Event Safety & Security Manager (Temporary until 30 September 2023) to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
The Event Safety & Security Manager plays an integral role in Glasgow Life's Core Events Team which delivers a number of the city's major cultural and sports events. The portfolio includes one-off events and annual events such as Glasgow Mela, Merchant City Festival, The Great Scottish Run and Glasgow's Winter events portfolio.
Reporting to Senior Events Manager, you will take the lead in the delivery of safety and security matters for events and ensure all plans comply with relevant health and safety legislation. You will provide health and safety advice and guidance on issues relating event safety and be the designated ‘Safety Coordinator’ at Glasgow Life events. You will also be responsible for the procurement and management of safety and security contractors and medical and first aid suppliers.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide current professional health and safety advice and guidance on issues relating to event safety.
- Keep up-to-date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect event safety.
- To develop event health and safety policies, procedures and guidance that reflect Company objectives and comply with statutory obligations.
- To undertake, facilitate and promote event safety risk assessments, event safety plans and other associated event documentation to support a culture of compliance.
- Ensure that event safety and security is embedded from the planning of each stage of the event through to delivery.
- Ensure implementation of the Glasgow Life Health and Safety Management system.
- Liaise with Police Scotland to agree Event Security Plans and implement recommendations ensuring integration within the agreed C3 structure.
- Provide current professional health and safety expert advice on the Construction Design Management Regulations.
- Be the designated ‘Safety Coordinator’ at Glasgow Life’s outdoor events as per the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘The Event Safety Guide’ (Purple Guide).
- Procure and contract manage safety and security suppliers, including safety stewarding and security contractors and medical and first aid suppliers.
- Liaise with external agencies and partners to build industry knowledge and expertise in order to apply this knowledge to all Glasgow Life’s major events.
- Undertake health and safety contractor vetting for major events.
- Review risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) from contractors.
- Undertake project and development activities as directed.
- Where an event is venue based, work with the existing Venue Manager and Corporate Health Safety Team to ensure the effective planning and delivery of the event.
- Oversee the management and monitoring of event-specific site rules and induction processes.
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 03rd July 2022
Information is available in alternative formats, on request.