- Women’s (Women’s 1) Volleyball Coach at the University of Edinburgh Volleyball Club
- Service agreement ~6-8h a week, depending on matches
- Fixed term 7 months September-November and January-April with possibility of prolongation to next season
- Payment: £225/month
- In Person training sessions at The Pleasance Sports Complex and Gym (Edinburgh)
About the position:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious volleyball coach for our Women’s 1 team to lead them through the season and support them with their aspirations to become a performance team. Women's 1 play in the SVL Premier League and BUCS Premier North and aim to come top 4 in SVL and maintain their status as a BUCS Premier team.
- Select your team during trials at the start of September 2022.
- Prepare and deliver two engaging and challenging training sessions (1.5 hrs per session) a week to ensure optimal performance of the team.
- Attend and coach the team in their 2 matches per week – BUCS Premier on Wednesday and SVL Premier on Saturday.
- Develop Strength and Conditioning plans for team members.
- Identify team goals with regard to technique, strategy, and league outcome and set out a path to work towards those.
- Communicate with the club committee for support and feedback.
Required skills and attributes:
- Minimum of Scottish Level 2 volleyball coaching qualification (or equivalent).
- Have at least 2 years of coaching experience at SVL Premier level (or equivalent/above).
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to work independently, be organised, enthusiastic and patient.
Benefits of the role:
You will be part of a very enthusiastic community of young, motivated students and hopefully see them grow and progress. All travel to away games outside Edinburgh will be fully covered by the club. As part of the Edinburgh University Sport Community, you will be able to use the support and attend courses organized by the Coaching and Volunteering Academy. Furthermore, the club will provide club branded PlayerLayer kit for you.
How to apply:
To apply: Complete the form
Application deadline is the 27th of July 2022.