Salary £28,000 - £33,000 (dependent on skills & competencies brought to the role)
Closing date: 29th October 2021
Perthshire RFC is based at the North Inch Perth and in 2019 we celebrated our 150th Anniversary. We deliver a fantastic rugby programme for men, women, girls & boys. There’s strength and depth in our community with over 350 players and 70+ coaches and more than 550 members. We currently have one of biggest Midi and Mini sections in Scotland.
Perthshire RFC seeks to appoint a Full Time Director of Rugby/Senior Development Officer to drive the development of rugby at the club with responsibility for the recruitment, development and management of players and coaches at the Club.
- To drive the development of Participation & Performance rugby at Perthshire Rugby by working closely with club coaches/volunteers and schools.
- Working collaboratively to manage the delivery of rugby development programmes in schools to drive player participation at the club at all Levels (Men, Women, Boys and Girls).
- Supporting the development of a sustainable club to provide members, coaches, volunteers and new participants with an experience that is consistently positive and of the highest quality
- Creating a rugby environment programme that fosters positive learning experiences and strives to provide the opportunity for quality, and achieving excellence.
- Working closely with the Caledonia Midlands regional team and in partnership with the local stakeholders to ensure Scottish Rugby’s strategic objectives are aligned.
- Oversee the Clubs S&C Programme.
- Develop and implement a coordinated coaching Education programme throughout all sections of the Club.
- Co-ordinating the implementation of the Club’s “agreed playing philosophy” throughout all teams.
- Oversee the implementation of a Long Term Player Development programme throughout the Club with a particular focus of transitioning youth players to senior rugby.
- Provide succession planning to ensure that qualified coaches are appointed to all teams and receive the appropriate training required by attending designated coaching courses.
- Report to the Committee on rugby matters and make recommendations on improvements/ initiatives that need to be implemented.
- Set behavioural standard policies for all teams and members.
To apply email your CV and any supporting information to the Head of Development Eamon O’Brien HOD@perthshire-rfc.co.uk