Location: Scotland (Edinburgh)/Remote (work from home)
Duration: Flexible, we're looking for someone that can help for 3 months or longer.
Hours: Flexible, at least 24 hours each week. This role is suitable for a student internship or graduate.
We are offering an incredible opportunity to help us bring personal coaching from world-class coaches to asensei customers, while training the asensei platform how to understand their sport and coach on their behalf.
asensei personal coaching gives our premium tier customers access to 3 world class coaches:
- Rowing coaching from 4x Olympian Eric Murray
- Strength and Conditioning Training on the TRX Suspension Trainer with Master Instructor Justin Russ
- Mobility Screening and Training with Dr Jena Gatses
Using the asensei app, our customers capture video of workouts and training sessions, which are then shared with our coaches for review. Our coaches record instructional feedback for 2 purposes.
First, this feedback is shared with our customers as high-touch personal training. Second, this feedback is used by our technology team to train asensei to analyse and better understand rowing, TRX and mobility screening, as well as to coach customers who are wearing (app)arel - our app-connected sports apparel that captures human posture and movement in real-time.
In this role, you'll be given a key responsibility to manage the day-to-day operation of asensei personal coaching. You'll help new customers get setup for personal coaching, and assist them with any challenges they're having. You'll liase with our coaches, making sure they're giving high-quality feedback in a timely manner. You'll work with our technology team, as the interface between human coaching and the AI coaching we're developing with asensei (app)arel. And you'll administer and manage all of the software platforms we use to give customers a personal training journal with video and audio coaching of their workouts.
We're a relatively small team with big targets to hit, and so there'll be no shortage of opportunities for you to gain a wide range of experience. We are looking for resourceful and adaptable people, who have experience and excitement for sport and/or coaching and who have a passion for bringing world-class coaches and coaching programs to asensei customers.
We’re a Silicon Valley venture backed startup with Scottish roots. That’s why we’re scaling up our team in and around one of our founders in Edinburgh, but offering fully remote work so you’re a first-class citizen in a team covering the globe.
You will work directly with our premium tier customers, in a customer facing role that requires you live up to our values around clear communication, excellence and attention to detail. You will help new customers get setup for their personal coaching, answering questions and doing everything you can to ensure they successfully capture videos of their practice through the asensei app, for our coaches to review.
You will work directly with our roster of world-class coaches. You will take uploaded videos from our servers, and place them into our customer's training journals for coaches to review. You will notify coaches when they have a customer requiring feedback, and ensure timely feedback is given. You will ensure that the coach feedback is uploaded correctly to training journals, and let the customers know.
You will work with our technology and coaching teams, curating the feedback our coaches are giving our athletes/customers, so that our engineering teams can prioritize requirements and train asensei to teach customers who are wearing our (app)arel technology.
Finally, you will help us ensure that our customers receive their (app)arel product from asensei, and when they receive it, that they know how to correctly use it.
This is an excellent role for someone who is disciplined and organized, comfortable using a wide range of software applications to support their job, and enjoys working in a customer-facing role.
- Comfortable working in a technical environment that requires administrative access to applications such as Confluence or Notion.
- Comfortable using 3rd party tools to convert video formats
- Comfortable running scripts from a command line that automate manual or repetitive processes, such as overlaying workout data on a video for coaches.
- Comfortable learning to use Notion as an administrative user, setting up pages (training journals) for new customers, and communicating with customers and coaches using Notion as a collaboration platform.
- Customer facing: you will be a point of contact for our premium tier customers and expected to be responsive and attentive to them.
- Coach facing: you will work directly with our coaches, to make sure they have everything they need to provide quick and through feedback to our customers.
- Work with leadership to recommend features and capabilities that improve our product, processes and tools.
- Great team player, able to communicate clearly and willing to learn new skills and help solve problems across the business.
- Be prepared to work across timezones from time to time - particularly UK and West Coast USA and also New Zealand - to collaborate with our customers and coaches.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a passion for sport and sport coaching, and taking increased responsibility for our personal coaching service over time.
- Have experience working with administering Notion sites.
- Have a strong IT background, and are comfortable working with cloud services.
- Are competent in scripting and automating, perhaps with technologies including IFTTT or Zapier.
- Have a familiarity with editing and manipulation of audio and video files.
- Have familiarity with collaboration tools including Teams, Confluence, Jira and Notion.
- Are an athlete or coach, someone who understands how to deliver world-class coaching programmes.
How to apply:
- Send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2014, asensei is democratizing access to world-class sport coaching, by allowing athletes of all abilities to following coaching programs led by world-class athletes and coaches, in the sport of their choosing. Our Kinetic Capture™ technology gives asensei sport-specific understanding of posture and movement by embedding motion capture capability into regular sports apparel. The asensei experience can be accessed as easily as pulling on a shirt or pair of shorts, allowing asensei to guide, monitor and correct your practice with real-time feedback. asensei is changing the way aspiring athletes practice sport and fitness, by letting them progress along their own path as they follow coaching programs from sporting heroes. Our iOS application delivers Connected Coaching from Olympic athletes in the sport of indoor rowing in conjunction with a Concept 2 rowing machine.