Who are we?
Do you want to work for one of Scotland’s newly promoted football teams? Would you like to make a difference a point in time where the club is embarking on a new mission within League One to become a true contender?
Since 2016, Edinburgh City have been playing within the Scottish Professional Football League, having been promoted from the Lowland League. Securing our second promotion in just 6 years, the club now moves into an exciting league against new and challenging opposition.
We are a team of football enthusiasts who want to provide the city of Edinburgh with a local, family club for all to enjoy. Alongside our Board of Directors, Management team, players and our incredible volunteers, you would be joining a community that the club has grown over recent years.
We’re currently looking for a Commercial Manager to take the club to the next level. We are moving back home to Meadowbank Stadium for the start of the season in July 2022. This will provide enhanced hospitality opportunities and an improved supporter experience for all.
We have a strong stance against promotion of gambling, tobacco and alcohol as the club aims to be inclusive for all, and the club needs the right person to grow and develop the overall strategy.
Who are we looking for?
Edinburgh City are looking to hire an experienced Commercial Manager to oversee the marketing, hospitality and revenue generating strategies.
You will have experience in sales within a professional environment, alongside the ability to handle supporter and client requests, increase excitement and awareness of the club, whilst providing a top quality service throughout the entire sales journey.
What is the role description?
As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for meeting with the potential sponsors and clients whilst promoting the club.
Revenue generation is of the utmost importance, which will be attained through various streams. This includes hosting hospitality and other events, sponsorship, increasing ticket sales and building the club’s local and national presence through the implementation of successful advertising campaigns.
Growing the fan-base and general interest of the first team will also be paramount to the success of the club as a whole, therefore designing and implementing a successful commercial strategy will be crucial.
Day to Day you’ll be…
- Meeting with senior stakeholders to determine the club’s current and future needs.
- Creating, executing, and maintaining a fit for purpose Commercial Strategy.
- Implementing successful marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Generating income through sponsorship sales and corporate hospitality.
- Striving to achieve ambitious sponsorship and commercial targets.
- Managing the life cycle of sales, from lead generation to negotiation and close.
- Managing the volunteering team in areas such as social media and website design and content.
What skills and experience will help me succeed…
- Self-starter and can-do attitude.
- Ability to conduct sales calls selling products and services.
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills across all levels such as clients, directors and volunteers.
- Flexibility to adapt working weeks to the demands of the role.
- Ability to work to targets and achieve KPIs.
- Driven, ambitious & enthusiastic work ethic.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and weaknesses, and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to learn.
Benefits you’ll receive…
- Salary from £30,000 per annum.
- 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Performance related bonus incentive.
- Workplace Pension
- Work from anywhere to suit your personal work life balance
Want to join the team or ask more questions?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch.