Contract type: Full time, permanent
Location: Home based, with frequent travel across Scotland
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 (dependent on experience)
Reporting to: Project Lead – Cycling World Championships & Club Development
Responsible for: Club Development Coordinators (x3)
Benefits: 5% pension contribution, British Cycling Gold Membership
Closing date: Sunday 3rd July 2022 at 2355, Provisional interview date Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th July
Scottish Cycling is the National Governing Body for cycle sport in Scotland. We are the voice of our sport and the largest cycling membership organisation in Scotland, representing the aspirations of our community.
Our strategy, Developing a Nation of Cyclists, details our mission, vision and values and outlines how we will deliver activities across our four strategic themes of Lead, Grow, Support and Partner. Working across six different disciplines of cycling, we are committed to developing a nation of cyclists, maximising participation for all and delivering international success.
The Club Development Team at Scottish Cycling are a friendly and inclusive group. We are looking forward to receiving applications from people who would like to be a part of growing, diversifying, and having a sustainable impact on cycling. As a team we want to improve cycling opportunities in Scotland, because we know that sport has the power to change lives.
At the heart of recruitment for this position is finding the right person. We will provide all the required training to carry out this role successfully, if you are unsure if your experience fits, then please get in touch. We would be delighted to speak to you.
To lead the development and implementation of club development projects to inspire and empower Scottish Cycling affiliated clubs, enabling the sustainable growth of the sport and creating a network of clubs who are safe, progressive, and inclusive.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of national development projects that support Scottish Cycling strategic aims
- Lead on the continued development and implementation of Scottish Cycling’s Club Development Framework which will support and empower clubs to grow, develop and plan for the future.
- Lead on the development and implementation of projects which diversify and grow the club cycling community, including: a Mental Health Ambassadors programme, the New Clubs Plan and work to improve the gender balance within clubs in collaboration with the Participation Programmes Manager and Women’s Development Group.
- This post requires the post holder to regularly carry out work during evening and weekend periods.
- Any other duties as directed by the Project Lead – Cycling World Championships and Club Development
Reasonable travel, accommodation and administrative expenses incurred in carrying out this position are reimbursed in line with the Scottish Cycling’s expense policy.
The above job description will be subject to annual review and reflects the needs of the Scottish Cycling Corporate Strategy and business plan and the sportscotland Corporate Plan.
The closing date for applications for this post is Sunday 3rd July at 2355.