Location: The Falkirk Stadium, 6 Stadium Way, Falkirk FK2 9EE
Reports to: Falkirk Foundation Board of Trustees
Normal office hours are Mon-Fri; 09.00am-17.00pm, however evening and weekend work may be required on occasion and some home working will be considered.
Benefits: 25 days annual holiday plus 9 public holidays & 5% pension contribution
About Falkirk Foundation
Falkirk Foundation was established as a registered charity in September 2010 and aims to help our community succeed and live happier, healthier lives.
Our values –
- Welcoming – To everyone, always
- Honest – About what we do and the way we do it
- Ambitious – In our drive to succeed
- Passionate - About what we do and responsible in how we do it
At Falkirk Foundation we deliver innovative and diverse social community programmes, using the power of football and physical activity to increase confidence and self-esteem, improve health and wellbeing and increase employability and life skills of young people and adults throughout Forth Valley. Falkirk Foundation is an accredited SQA Delivery/Assessment Centre and a Disability Confident Committed employer.
This is made possible by our 7 full time members of staff, 20+ sessional & Part-time staff and approximately 100 volunteers.
Falkirk Foundation operates an SQA Approved Learning Centre, which is externally audited annually. Falkirk Foundation is a core partner of the biggest football club in the area, is well located and has been delivering employability and educational courses for the last decade.
Community coaching - We offer a range of established community football courses for hundreds of players of all ages and abilities. These include sessions for local nurseries, the mini-bairns programme, holiday camps, after schools clubs, disability & mental health activity programmes and community teams.
Growth and development - The Foundation’s programmes have grown substantially over the past 4 years increasing participation numbers, expanding our Health & Wellbeing programmes and continuing to grow our learning & education programmes as well as investing in capital assets.
Facility Management - The Foundation built a new artificial pitch at the stadium and refurbished one of the stadium stands with teaching & community space and a new gym, in partnership with the club. We have also established a successful social enterprise partnership with nearby Comely Park School to manage its football pitch and adjacent Woodlands Sports Hall to the benefit of the school and the surrounding community.
The Foundation has successfully navigated the impact of the pandemic and remains in a financially stable position with an appetite to further develop the services we provide.
Key information about who we are looking for
You will need to;
- Be an experienced and confident senior manager used to inspiring and leading an organisation or team of equivalent size to Falkirk Foundation.
- Be experienced in writing and delivering multi-faceted strategies and budgets
- Have had oversight and responsibility for project design, management and budgeting
- Have strong income generation experience in a similar context
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills with great networking ability at a strategic level
- Understand the importance of building a strong relationship with customers and the local community
- Have a passion for the Foundations purpose and be aligned with the charity’s values
- You need not have third sector leadership experience but this would also be an advantage
- You must have a driving license
- Plans for the variability of service demand and resource availability ensuring the system has the resilience and capacity to cope with uncertainty
- Leads creative approaches in designing services and developing new ways of working which achieve efficiency and improvement
- Drives change by persuading and influencing others
- Takes responsibility for change and coaches other to do the same
- Focusses on strategic long term outcomes, anticipates changes in working practices and effectively manages transitions
- Inspires a ‘one team’ culture
- Engages with communities, internal and external partners ensuring the full range of views are taken into account
- Is able to take difficult decisions in complex and challenging situations for the best interests of the organisation
Employment is conditional on the successful applicant undergoing reference and disclosure checks.
How to apply
Falkirk Foundation welcomes all applications from those interested that can demonstrate the necessary skills and experience outlined above.
To apply for this role, please email your tailored CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com no later than midnight 4 March 2021.
Interviews will take place on Monday 15 March 2021