Lothian Disability Sport (LDS) are looking to recruit new charity trustees, including a Chair and Treasurer.
LDS are a charitable organisation focussed on providing sporting opportunities to people living with a disability across Edinburgh and the Lothians. We need new trustees to help shape the charity and support the ongoing management and operations.
Potential candidates will work in tandem with staff and other trustees to:
- Set the strategic direction and control of LDS accordingly to agreed priorities and Committee decisions.
- Ensure that LDS operates within the law and within the limits set by its own Constitution.
- Ensure that LDS exercises responsibility in financial and other affairs and remains solvent.
- Monitor and review all aspects of the organisations performance.
- Establish clear strategic, business and financial objectives.
- Protecting the assets of the organisation
Trustees will be expected to attend Branch meetings, support the Branch to maintain Scottish Disability Sport Minimum Operating Requirements and support the committee in driving the Branch forward.
The term of these positions is 1 year, in line with our current constitution, with the option to be re-elected annually at each AGM.
For any enquiries about the role or to register an interest, please contact Kevin Ferguson, current Chair of Lothian Disability Sport at email@example.com or call on 07872 690038.