Responsible to: The Board and Members of Scottish Pentathlon
- Experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in either a commercial, voluntary or
public sector context
- Recent experience of chairing boards or committees desirable
- Established reputation as a leader and strategic thinker in either a commercial, voluntary or
public sector context
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity
- Sound working knowledge of Scottish sport and the public and private sectors
- Ability to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders and the
ability to support, challenge and manage a relationship with the Board Member
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills and the ability to lead the Board
- Ability to prioritise work and work calmly under pressure with a quality approach to work and
conscientious about detail
- A high level of personal integrity and responsive to the need for change
- Lead the Board, chair Board meetings and AGM/EGMs, providing reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all members of the Board receive accurate, timely and clear information, in
particular around the organisation’s performance, to enable the board to take sound decisions,
monitor progress effectively and provide advice to promote the success of Scottish Pentathlon.
- Lead and manage the Board in the development of the vision, strategy and policies, in
collaboration with the Board and with key partners, sportscotland and Pentathlon GB.
- Ensure compliance and operating systems are effective.
- Represent and champion Scottish Pentathlon at the highest level by being its advocate and
ambassador for the sport with partners, stakeholders, members and the Scottish Government.
- Providing an independent view and contributing to governance issues and improvements.
- Ensure effective communication with the membership and ensure that the Board develop an
understanding of the views of the membership.
- Lead the Board in developing a constructed induction programme for new directors and in
identifying and meeting the development needs of individual directors.
- Represent Scottish Pentathlon at national and club events as required.
- Contribute positively to the organisational development of the organisation.
- Develop a close working relationship with stakeholders and partners including sportscotland
and Pentathlon GB.
- Conduct an annual review of the Board’s effectiveness and review on an ongoing basis the
roles and responsibilities of other company directors.
- Experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in either commercial, voluntary or
public sector context.
- Recent experience of sports development in a local authority of governing body
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity.
- Sound working knowledge of the sport and the public and private sectors.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to support, challenge and manage a relationship with other Board Members.
A minimum of 14 hours per month.
Attendance at up to 4 Board meetings, the AGM and an annual Board away day during the year.
Closing date for expressions of interest close of play on Thursday 30 September in confidence to this email address: email@example.com