British Gymnastics has the following full time temporary post:
37 hours per week
Fixed term until 31st March 2022
(possibility of further period of extension subject to funding)
Dual based - Ulster University, Jordanstown and Home
Salary range £19,280 to £25,700 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
to lead on the implementation and delivery of local initiatives that will improve and sustain operations, support their workforce and create capacity to enable participation growth within the sport. The overall purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Northern Ireland Work Plan through contributing to and informing strategic thinking and planning, alongside creating and maintaining partnerships with gymnastics clubs and leisure centres.
This position is funded by the National Lottery through Sport Northern Ireland’s Sporting Clubs programme
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Work with the Northern Ireland Manager to deliver support to clubs and partners in line with the Northern Ireland work plan
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of new programmes and initiatives aimed at growing capacity, supporting workforce, and improving and sustaining participation
- Lead on the development of delivery plans to grow capacity and participation in Northern Ireland
- Build strong, positive relationships with other internal partners who contribute towards the delivery plan.
- Ensure alignment across other work areas and with external partners to maximise participation growth and other opportunities, including coordinating and contributing to internal and external working groups
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge of gymnastics clubs and delivery partners; gymnastics activities within the area and be hands-on in facilitating and delivering key initiatives and projects
- A broad range of skills including communication/interpersonal skills for meetings, training sessions and relationship building
- Have competent administration/IT skills for correspondence, funding applications, presentations, budgetary management etc.
- Have sport development experience or a relevant qualification in Sport Studies/Development
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work
- The successful candidate must also live in Northern Ireland or be willing to relocate to the area
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the careers page on our website
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May 2021 at 23:59
Interview date: 27th May 2021
Interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams