Start Date: September-January 2020
- Term Time Position (Sep – Apr)
- Up to 26 weeks per year
- Max 4 hours per week
- £10/hour including reasonable expenses
Applications are invited for the position of a Head Coach at the University of Strathclyde Women’s Basketball Club. The team plays competitively in the BUCS Scottish Division 2A. The Coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the SUWBC, including training and competitions. Club training sessions may vary under the current situation. Any updates will be communicated as quickly as possible in line with any updates from the Sports Union, however, they will currently be scheduled to take place on Monday evening 7-8.30pm and Friday mornings 7-8.45am at Strathclyde SPORT building. Competitive fixtures take place on Wednesday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Team and support the development of team in training and competition. Possibility also for just coaching the games but this should be further discussed with the team captain.
The role is for a maximum of 4 hours per week and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching on match days and also at training sessions.
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
- Maintain regular communication with the Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
- UKCC Level 1 Basketball coaching qualification or equivalent
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of university sport
- Competitive experience at performance level in basketball
- Level 2 or higher Basketball coaching qualification
- A clean driving license
- A First Aid certificate
Rate of Pay
- Level 1 and/or 2: £10 per hour
- Level 3: £15 per hour (guide)
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Wednesday afternoons and one training session that is suitable to the coach and team.
Please submit applications to Deborah Hart, SUWBC President via email email@example.com as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the position, please no not hesitate to contact the Club Captain on details provided.
The University of Strathclyde Students’ Association is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SCO05914