Are you a tech savvy, digital native who is comfortable engaging across various social media platforms?
Do you have a couple of hours per week available to assist Bailliefields Community Hub?
Do you want to work with Scotland’s Local Sports Club of the Year?
If so, see below for details of a volunteering opportunity with Bailliefields Community Hub.
Westquarter & Redding Cricket Club (WRCC) was formed in 1908 and has firmly established itself in the local community of Falkirk. The club membership has always drawn from, and been part of, the local community. We have just become a SCIO called Bailliefields Community Hub (SC050740) as part of working towards this vision and to reflect the ongoing diverse nature of the club’s work.
In the past 6 years we have grown the club from 42 to over 200 members which includes 124 juniors (under 16).
The hub is looking to build on the work currently done with disability by motivating groups and individuals to be part of an environment that is inclusive, safe and creates a sense of belonging. The hub encourages participation in sport and social activities to increase and enhance inclusion for everyone regardless of circumstance, ethnicity, gender and social background.
Bailliefields Community Hub (BCH) is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist with updating and developing their social media activity. More details on BCH and WRCC can be found at www.wrcc.org.uk. The principal social media actvity is via Facebook and Twitter.
It is anticipated that this volunteering position would iovolve the following activities:
- Work with the various stakeholders at BCH (Directors, Trustees and Coaches) to further raise awareness of the activities (both cricket and non-cricket) that take place at Balliefields in Brightons;
- Raise awareness of BCH across the local Braes area and further afield across Falkirk;
- Creating and scheduling posts for our various social media platforms.
- Assist BCH in developing its social media presence in terms of what, when and how updates are shared:
- Post regular updates on Hub activities and future plans;
- Raise and maintain awareness of the fundraising that is taking place to deliver Phases 1 & 2 of Bailliesfield Community Hub buildings;
- Increase awareness of the activities that are taking place to raise participation by girls, those with disabilities and also access to cricket for children from some of the more disadvanatged parts of the local area;
- Raise awareness of the availability of the new BCH buildings for non-sporting purposes;
- Keeping the social media channels updated and encouraging others to comment on and share updates;
- Picking up and directing any queries that are directed to BCH via these social media platforms;
The ideal candidate will have a couple of hours to spare, across the week, to work with BCH on the activities above. Bailliefields Community Hub are keen to support the development of our volunteers and would fund any training and development opportunities.
If this opportunity is of interest then please contact Stephen Sutton, Director, Bailliefields Community Hub at Stephen.Sutton@bailliefields.onmicrosoft.com