Responsible to Glasgow University Women’s Hockey Club Committee
Remuneration £2800 dependent on qualifications and experience
Role Duration 10 months (August to May)
Place of work Various venues in Glasgow as required and ‘away’ match attendance
Hours Approximately 140-160 hours
Glasgow University Women’s Hockey Club is a vibrant, welcoming and inclusive club, that aims to cater for those who identify as female, of all playing abilities. GUWHC is the largest female hockey club in the West of Scotland, comprising of 6 BUCS Wednesday teams, 5 league teams, an indoor league team and a strong recreational section.
Recently the 1XI have been promoted to BUCS ICG Women’s Premier (North) and finished 8th in the Women’s Premiership. The 2XI currently compete in BUCS ICG Women’s Tier 2 and finished 6th in the Women’s Championship. We are building our performance and development programme and are recruiting a self-motivated individual who embraces the club ambition of the 1XI finishing in the top 6 of the Women’s Premiership and reaching BUCS National Premiership within 4 years.
- Scottish / FIH Level 1 Coaching Qualification (min.)
- Experience coaching at a high level
- Excellent understanding of the technical and tactical aspects of the game
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (pref. demonstrated in high pressure environments)
- High-level organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other coaches and associated staff
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and develop young / inexperienced players
- Ability to coach a range of skill levels
- Reliability and punctuality
- Willingness to undertake professional development
- Knowledge of University Hockey
- Experience in University/Youth hockey and evidenced success in developing young talent
- Diversity of experience across formats, levels and cultures.
- Deliver 2 x 1.5-hour training sessions per week on a Monday (Development training) and Thursday evening (2XI training) starting from the week beginning the 12th of September
- Deliver, alongside the Head Performance coach, training sessions for the summer sessions (2 x 2-hour sessions on Thursday evenings and Friday afternoons from the 11th of August to the 2nd of September) and preseason sessions (6 x 2-hour sessions from the 5th to the 10th of September)
- Select 2XI match day team
- Lead the 2XI on match days for the 2022/2023 season.
- Arrange and deliver high-level training and game plans for players.
- Assist the Head Performance coach in delivering a comprehensive pre-season programme for the Performance and Development Squads
- Work proactively, and communicate effectively, with the Head Performance coach to help select Performance and Development squads
- Attend two CPD exchanges in an academic year and be willing to host coaches from other clubs as a part of a CPD programme
- Attend Coach Meetings with Head Performance Coach and 3XI coach(s) to ascertain player movement
- Attend 4 Steering group meetings per annum, chaired by University Sport Development Manager
- Regular communication with S&C coach regarding players
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a short covering letter and CV. These should be made to email@example.com by 12/07/22.