Fixed Term until 31 March 2024
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 18 August 2022. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
West Lothian Council wish to appoint a 1.0 FTE Assistant Active Schools Coordinator on an initial fixed term contract until 31 March 2024.
The Active Schools team aims to increase activity levels by ensuring there are more opportunities to participate in sport and more people delivering opportunities in schools and the wider community.
West Lothian Council are looking for a dynamic, well organised individual with excellent communication skills to work with identified schools and to assist with the coordination and delivery of PE, Physical Activity and Sport (PEPAS) programmes.
The Assistant Active Schools Coordinator will:
- Report directly to the Senior Active Schools and Community Sport Coordinator.
- Work closely with school senior management team(s) and all relevant departments to ensure the aims and outcomes of Active Schools and Community Sport are delivered.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of PE, Physical Activity and Sport (PEPAS) programmes.
- Coordinate and support sports coaches and volunteers who deliver sessions as part of the Active Schools Programme.
- Will monitor the performance of coaches, volunteers and sports leaders/young leaders conducting Active Schools programmes.
- Coordinate, support and develop inclusive opportunities for sport in schools and the wider community.
- Educated to SCQF Level 7 in a relevant discipline and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Experience of engaging with children and young people through sport and physical activity.
- Experience of managing and evaluating a sports programme
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to engage with key partners and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
- Confident in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full and valid driving licence and access to transport.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with young people in a school environment
- Clear understanding of the benefits that physical activity and sport can bring to all.
- Value and promote equality, diversity and inclusion
Interviews will be held 31 August 2022.
If you wish to discuss the details of the post, please contact Matt Costello, Senior Active Schools & Community Sport Coordinator – 07825 226749 / email@example.com
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.