Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 4 July 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 June 2022
Contract Type: Casual
Salary: FC6 £12.95 per hour
Location: Various Locations across Fife
Working within the Fife Active Schools workforce, Active Schools coaches will be responsible for delivering high quality sport and physical activity sessions across Fife. These sessions will support a range of programmes including extra-curricular clubs and, in particular, within our Inclusive and ActivEat sessions
Programmes will be based in school and community venues across Fife, with a particular requirement in Levenmouth and North-East Fife.
All candidates will possess relevant qualifications in sports leadership and coaching in addition to relevant experience of working with children in education, sport, health, leisure and/or recreation sector.
A link to the role profile is included at the bottom of the advert. You will find out more about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential criteria below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to SCQF Level 5, which includes National 5 or SVQ Level 2 or Standard Grades at Credit Level or equivalent e.g. Introductory sports coach qualification. It is desirable that applicants have a Level 1 or 2 sports qualification or degree, HND in this area or SCQF Level 5 in Community Sports Leadership.
- Experience leading sports coaching sessions with children.
- You should have experience of being able to adapt sessions to a wide range of ages and abilities and excellent organisational and communication skills.
Before confirming your appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
- Role Profile - When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters - Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits - Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information - Council Department information
- Social Media - Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.