Department Women’s Football
Location Edinburgh - Heart of Midlothian Training Ground
(Oriam, Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre)
Salary & Hours £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience) plus excellent staff benefits
Position Full-time (including evenings and weekends work)
Closing Date 8 July 2022
Reporting to Head of Academy Performance
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is a Premiership Scottish Professional Football Club based in Edinburgh with Elite Academy Status. The Women’s First Team Physiotherapist is a key role within the club’s performance department and is primarily responsible for the diagnosis and acute/long-term care associated with players’ musculoskeletal injuries. The Women’s First Team Physiotherapist is expected to attend all women’s first team fixtures (home and away) and provide emergency on-pitch care of our players when required.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and passionate about working with and developing female athletes. In addition, we are seeking someone who can develop good working relationships with a variety of groups including fellow practitioners, coaches, and players. The successful candidate will be joining a team of forward thinking and ambitious staff who are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Provide physiotherapy cover during all women’s first-team match days (home & away) including emergency on-pitch care/treatment when required.
- Physiotherapy cover of women’s first team players during daytime and evening clinics at the training ground including diagnosis, acute care/ treatment and short- to long-term rehabilitation from injury. This includes the design and delivery of both pitch- and gym-based exercise programmes.
- Liaise with members of the club’s performance department and the women’s first-team manager, as appropriate, to assess players’ health status and contribute to informed professional decision-making on players’ fitness and readiness to train and play.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the performance department including doctors, sport scientists, nutritionists, psychologists, and other specialists, as required.
- Where appropriate be involved in conducting pre-signing player medical examinations.
- Maintain appropriate, current, legible, and accurate medical records on the club’s Kitman system and ensure their confidential storage and compliance with data protection regulations.
- Ensure the club has the appropriate range and quantity of physiotherapy supplies available, which one would normally expect to be held within a professional football club.
- Within the limits of your professional scope and qualifications prescribe medication to players as appropriate.
- Liaise with external stakeholders to facilitate medical procedures taking place outside of the club e.g., hospital-based operations, consultations with specialist medical experts and other such activities.
- Assist other performance staff with regular fitness testing of women’s first-team players throughout each season.
- Facilitate and proactively contribute to applied research projects as directed by the Head of Performance.
- Any other reasonable activities requested.
- Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent (E)
- HCPC registered physiotherapist (E)
- Advanced pitch-side care qualification e.g., sport PROMOTE, SCRUMCAPS etc. (E)
- Postgraduate qualification in Physiotherapy (D)
- Previous experience of providing physiotherapy services within a senior professional team sport environment.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in the written and spoken word.
- Excellent information technology skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical mind set.
- Strong character able to operate within a high-pressure working environment and put forward their point of view.
- Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor.
How to apply: If you meet the job role criteria and would like to apply, please send a Covering letter and CV to Shannon Emerson, HR Advisor - Recruitment@homplc.co.uk by close of play on the 8 July 2022.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS. HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDITED COMPANY.