The University of Glasgow Men’s Football Club is looking to recruit football coaches for its men’s programme ahead of season 2020/21
Glasgow University Football Club was formed in 1877 and is one of the most competitive and successful University sports clubs. The club is a full member of the Scottish FA (SFA) and current SFA licenced club. Our first team compete each year in SFA Scottish Cup and SFA South Region cup
Within the club there are 4 different squads; 1st Team, 2nd Team, 3rd Team and U21s Team, who all compete to a high level in Saturday (WOS senior football league, SAFA and SYFA) and Wednesday (BUCS) football.
Over the last number of years the club has progressed hugely under the SFA Licensing requirements and we have now created an established performance ethos ad culture within the club leading to a number of successful seasons including promotions and cup finals in the last couple of years. At the heart of our philosophy is to create a performance culture developed by our coaches and players to ensure the best possible footballing experience for all. We boast access to top class facilities with our training facility at Garscube while our 1st Team plays all home games at Airdrie FCs Excelsior Stadium.
We are actively seeking applications in the form of a covering letter and CVs from enthusiastic, highly motivated and aspiring coaches looking to help the club continue to progress for next season and beyond.
Under 21s Team Head Coach
Roles and Responsibilities
- To plan, deliver and evaluate quality football activities which meet the aims and objectives of University of Glasgow Football Club (Technical, Tactical and Physical).
- Support the development of the clubs developing curriculum and philosophy.
- Prepare suitable match day preparations and tactics.
- Regularly evaluate player and team performance identifying development strategies to achieve results.
- Regularly communicate with the Head Coach.
- Regular communication with other coaching staff, committee members, players, and support staff.
- Be a reflective coach who looks to improve with every session.
- Continue to develop through appropriate CPD and development activities.
- Develop players to progress through our club pathways.
- Applicants must have a minimum of SFA C Licence or equivalent qualification.
- Well organised and use time efficiently and effectively
- Work with Honesty and show great commitment
- Motivate players/volunteers and communicate effectively
- Provide structured planning and make best use of time available
- Show an appropriate level of technical & tactical knowledge
- The ability to engage with players and build a strong team culture
- Responsible for planning and delivering safe, engaging & fun coaching sessions.
- Liaise with club committee to plan team logistics
- Prepare venue, equipment, and all activities in line with minimum operating standards making the safety of student’s paramount.
- To deliver activities as part of a planned progressive programme to develop players technically, tactically, socially, and psychologically.
- To be part of coaching team and be open to learning/ sharing.
- Commit to a programme of continued development to ensure that coaching provided is of the highest quality
- Adopt a fair and equitable approach to coaching at all times.
Monday & Thursday evenings for training at Garscube Sports Complex. September – May
Saturday afternoons for matches. September – May
- Coaching bursary available (to be negotiated).
- Nike Coaching kit
- Sufficient supply of coaching equipment
- Use of high quality training facilities
- Support with Coach Education grants in consultation with club committee
- Opportunity to work as part of an experienced and forward-thinking coaching team.
- Opportunity to coach in a performance with opportunities for promotion within the club.
All CV’s, covering letters and copies of appropriate coaching qualifications should be sent via email to:
Robert Smith, Club Captain, University of Glasgow Mens’ Football Club
Phil Storrier, Head Coach, University of Glasgow Mens’ Football Club