Department: Commercial Department
Reporting To: Director - Commercial Partnerships
Hours: 35 hours, Mon – Fri – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
Location: St Andrews (hybrid working/remote working will be considered for this role)
Contract: Fixed term for twelve months
The R&A, which runs The Open, AIG Women’s Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport of golf worldwide outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The R&A seeks a Partnership Manager, on a fixed term basis, to oversee all day-to-day Patron & Official Supplier contractual rights delivery, develop new and creative ways to optimise relationships and create value for all parties. The Partnership Manager will support the Director - Commercial Partnerships in growing The R&A’s Partnership Programme through renewals and acquisition.
The successful candidate will have experience in sponsorship account management, preferably operating within a professional sporting organisation. This individual is a creative problem solver and constructive negotiator who can successfully communicate internally and externally and ensure the delivery of value to The R&A and its sponsors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director - Commercial Partnerships to build influential relationships with Patrons, Official Suppliers, key clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure innovative and professional client servicing standards are maintained.
- Oversee successful delivery of all contractual Patron & Official Supplier sponsorship rights including but not limited to: Hospitality, Print, Digital and Broadcast Media and Experiential.
- Formulate partner activation plans to deliver partner campaigns to a high level of performance.
- Support the tracking and evaluation of each partnership to both The R&A and the partner.
- Act as The R&A’s first point of contact for all Patron and Official Supplier related queries. Ensure that all R&A departments are engaged in the partnerships and provide the necessary support to deliver against partner objectives, with constant communication and internal and external collaboration.
- Work closely with the Championship department on all Patron/ Official Supplier related rights delivery and event planning, staging and operational aspects at The Open and AIG Women’s Open.
- Ensure the needs of Patrons, Official Suppliers and The R&A are met and that a robust understanding of our partner brands and businesses exist.
- Ensure that meetings, debriefs and learnings take place on a regular basis.
- Be on-site at The Open and AIG Women’s Open to oversee partner rights delivery.
- Ensure that The Open and AIG Women’s Open brand identities are fully implemented and correctly used across all Patron and Official Supplier activations.
- Assist with the management of Patron and Official Supplier service budgets, ensuring that all tasks are carried out in the most cost-effective way and within budget.
- Identification and negotiation of new opportunities for partners within their core area of focus with particular attention on digital rights and branded content.
- Creation of sales presentations and materials to assist with partner renewals and new partner acquisition.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working in sponsorship account management.
- Experience in advertising, marketing, digital rights delivery and brand development, including but not limited to, dealing with and presenting to brands.
- Experienced in managing external agencies.
- Ability to establish, measure and analyse results to drive growth and improvement.
- Experience of inspiring strong collaboration within organisation.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience operating within a professional sporting organisation.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong planning, analysis and financial modelling skills.
- Professional and presentable, naturally affable and able to play a crucial ambassadorial role for The R&A as an interface with the corporate world.
- Self-motivated and ready to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Proactive with the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- A willingness to learn and take on new ideas.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A willingness to work outside normal working hours when necessary.
- Flexibility to work from championship locations, throughout the UK and overseas when required.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
We may close this vacancy before the closing date should we receive sufficient applications.
How your information will be used
If you have any questions about The R&A’s use of your data, please contact us.
This job description is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and jobholders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position.
The closing date is midday, 22nd October 2021 at midday.