Starting salary: £31,140
£16.52 per hour
36.25 hours per week
Supervise and oversee the facilities within the designated area (linked to your work base) including indoor and outdoor facilities.
Work with colleagues and partners to develop and implement sport and exercise programmes and events across the facilities within the designated area.
Ensure a high quality service is provided, whilst maintaining good operational procedures and relationships between the service, partners and members of the public.
Responsible for the operation, ongoing maintenance and improvement of sport & leisure facilities within the designated area.
Development and delivery of sport and exercise programmes to meet local community needs and maximise the use of assets within the designated area.
Management of club and community bookings of sport, leisure and community centre facilities.
Management of staff within the area associated with the leisure services / facilities including the development of shift working rotas for all facility and programmes staff, and development and monitoring of staff training programmes.
Control and supervision of members of the public using the facilities ensuring that all health and safety operational procedures are adhered to.
Act as Divisional Duty Officer as required on a rotational basis.
- Experience as a senior team member on shift in a customer focussed sport & leisure environment.
- Experience of staff supervision.
- Experience of providing high quality efficient service delivery.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation specific to sport and leisure.
- Educated to SCQF Level 7 in a relevant discipline, or substantial relevant experience.
- NPLQ Lifeguard qualification*.
- UKCC Level 1 Teaching Aquatics or other governing body coaching qualifications*.
- First-aid certificate*.
- Pool Plant Operator certificate*.
* If not already held it will be a condition of employment that this training will be undertaken within agreed timescales.
- Strong swimmer.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- High level of accuracy in work.
- Self-confident and self-motivated.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead a team to perform at the highest standards.
- Ability to support and promote commercial activity through new service development and improvement.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to engage with all customers.
- Ability to be a positive ambassador for Fit-Life?
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lift and bend and move equipment in accordance with moving and handling regulations.
- Ability to be flexible in working arrangements regarding hours and location.
Closing date: 22nd October 2021
Proposed interview date week commencing 1st November 2021
For more information contact Ken Brown 01542 888055