B-Active are looking for an individual who enjoys working with children and young adults. The candidate will be expected to deliver coaching/mentoring sessions and transport the pupils to and from the various activities on a sessional basis.
Location: Renfrewshire and North Lanarkshire
Rate of Pay: £10 per hour
The school day runs between 9.30am-3.30
Car user essential
Client group: Pupils aged 8 to 16 with complex ASN
Context for Learning: Planned indoor/Outdoor Learning Experiences
- Providing emotional support and role modelling, leading to enhanced learning and greater determination to succeed.
- Contribute to relevant aspects of planning, recording and evidencing progression in the education plan.
- Support the development of effective and supportive mentoring relationships which encourages & supports children & young people to have ownership of their learning.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current initiatives in education e.g. The Curriculum for Excellence.
- Promote and strengthen Relational health through actively developing and role modelling positive relationships, 6. To undertake core training which will enhance your skills in meeting children’s & young people needs, strengthen relationships and enable you to confidently manage challenging events and behaviours 6. Promote communication with children and young people where there are communication difficulties.
- Support children and young people when they are emotionally, psychologically and socially isolated and distressed.
- Empower children and young people to make use of available services and information.
- Contribute to the health, well being, safety and security of children and young people and their environment.
- Promote the health & well-being of all young people in a sensitive caring manner, affording them dignity and respect.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within B-Active where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by B-Active Ltd.
Please forward your CV to: email@example.com