Responsible to: Scottish Women's Football (SWF) Board, direct report to Chair
Location: Hampden Park, Letherby Drive Glasgow
This is a permanent position (36.5 hours per week), full time role with Scottish Women’s Football. Current circumstances mean that all staff are working remotely, however there is an SWF office based at Hampden Park in Glasgow.
Scottish Women’s Football owns and manages 66 competitions across Scotland including:
- Scottish Building Society SWPL (Scottish Women’s Premier League)
- SWPL Cup
- SWF Championship
- SWF Championship Cup
- SWFL (Scottish Women’s Football League)
- SWFL Cup
- Highlands & Islands League
- Highlands & Islands League Cup
- Scottish Women’s Cup
- Youth Regional League Cups
- Youth Regional Leagues
- Scottish Youth Cup
- Youth National Performance Leagues
- Youth National Performance League Cups
A game that realises the needs, wants and unlimited ambitions of its girls and women.
Continually challenge and support the high-quality development and provision of those who work tirelessly and play fiercely in football.
UNITED in Progress,
EMPOWERED for Growth,
REALISED in Scotland’s Girls and Women.
We Aim To:
- Have regular mainstream coverage – cross channel.
- Attract strong partners with a shared interest in our objectives.
- Support the professionalisation of our clubs.
- Have a vibrant and growing audience.
- Have investment flowing into the game to support the strategic objectives and the ambitions of our players, clubs, and the National Team.
Scottish Women’s Football is seeking to recruit an experienced leader who has a genuine commitment and passion for the development of girls’ and women’s football in Scotland.
The past few years have seen significant growth of the game in Scotland across all levels and this role is crucial in taking the organisation to the next step of growth, not only in membership but in the further commercialisation of our competitions. A key part of the role will be the development of the SWF strategy and alignment with key stakeholders.
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
- Growth and development of the organisation in line with budget and member requirements
- Manage day to day operations and decisions ensuring smooth functioning, efficient organisation
- Line manage and develop SWF staff (current team of 5) with a focus on performance improvement through ongoing monitoring and evaluation
- Create a work environment that recruits, retains, and supports quality staff
- Work closely with the Board to drive forward SWF’s strategy, and identify short and long-term goals
- Work with staff, Board and stakeholders to improve the governance of the game
- Maximise commercial revenue from assets owned by SWF, including leagues and cup competitions
- Attract and develop relationships with sponsors and partners
- Act as media spokesperson for SWF
- Raise the profile of the women’s and girls’ game with key stakeholder groups
- Provide general oversight and keep the Board fully informed on company condition and on all important factors influencing it
- Work closely with the Board to contribute to overall delivery of relevant SWF projects
- Inform the Board of trends, issues, problems, and activities to help facilitate policy making
- Manage and develop relationships with the Scottish FA (SFA) senior managers and development staff
- Manage and develop relationships with club managers and staff
- Budget reporting and management
- Attend SWF Board meetings and provide monthly updates
- Act as day-to-day figurehead for organisation representing SWF at local and national level, and deputise for Chair when needed
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Relevant degree in business, sport, or management (desired, but experience in a similar role will be taken into consideration)
- At least three years’ experience in a senior management role. Sports industry experience is not required but would be beneficial
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong people person with proven experience managing teams
Skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Confident communicator able to present at Board level and comfortable with media engagement
- Experienced leader with the ability to provide strategic direction and inspiration to staff
- The ability to influence stakeholders and partners positively to achieve results that are in the interest of SWF
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with SWF’s stakeholders and partners
- Experience and understanding of governance in sport
- A strong leader who is decisive and committed
- A genuine passion for football and a commitment to the development of girls’ and women’s football
- Understands and respects the organisation’s mission statement, values, and objectives
- Proactive and solutions driven approach
Closing date: 26th February 2021
Please apply by sending in your CV and covering letter to Vivienne MacLaren: email@example.com.
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
First interviews will take place via Zoom early March.