Our swimming programme offers a variety of opportunities to all who want to be involved in the sport. As well as our popular Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim programme, we offer a range of coach-led aqua activities and swimming lessons for adults, children and adults with disabilities.
Initially work will be allocated on a strictly casual basis and you will be asked to work hours, without commitment, to suit the requirements of the service. Due to the success of our swimming programmes there is a strong possibility that posts will become permanent during the first few months.
Permanent & temporary members of staff can enjoy the following benefits
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do. Working at East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Ltd does not just offer a rewarding career; there are some excellent benefits available to our employees:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
• Work life balance policies - including our annual leave purchase scheme
- Sick pay – where applicable statutory and occupational sick pay is available
- Free leisure membership
- Credit Union
- Voluntary health care scheme
- Impartial advice from the Council’s Money Advice and Rights Team (MART)
• Excellent pension scheme - Employees with a contract of employment for 3 months or more are automatically included in our Local Government Pension Scheme which is a career average scheme. Pension contribution rates are based on a tiered system determined by your annual full time equivalent pensionable pay. For example for those earning up to and including £21,800 the contribution rate you pay is 5.5% of your salary. The council pays the rest of the cost of providing your benefits. This amount varies but it's always enough to make sure your pension can be paid and will be at least 19.3% of your pay. In addition you get tax relief on your contributions - the tax you pay on your salary is calculated after your pension contributions are deducted.