South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Ltd
Location: Various locations throughout South Lanarkshire
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Duration: Fixed Term until 31 March 2023
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture in partnership with sportscotland wish to appoint an Active Schools Coordinator to strengthen its existing team. This is a key appointment in relation to the development of the Active Schools programme within South Lanarkshire.
The Active Schools network aims to increase the activity levels of children and young people by ensuring there are more and higher quality opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity before, during and after school whilst developing pathways between schools and sports clubs in the local community.
Essential Candidate Specification:
- Clearly demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the aims of the Active Schools Network.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive experience of engaging with children and young people through sport and physical activity in education, sport, health, community, leisure and/or recreation industries.
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
Closing date: 7 March 2021